alberthrocks wrote:
According to helder7, he is not the person who did the redirect. It's likely that some guy in the community knew about an exploit to the website (PHPNuke?) and used it to make a redirect.
But certainly that guy did it on helder7's request, no? This is all quite a perfect storm of broken trust, accusations, and lack of accountability. :/
KermMartian wrote:
alberthrocks wrote:
According to helder7, he is not the person who did the redirect. It's likely that some guy in the community knew about an exploit to the website (PHPNuke?) and used it to make a redirect.
But certainly that guy did it on helder7's request, no?
Why is that certain? So far I don't think anything is certain. Back to the point in my original post, everyone is lying.
If we assume everyone is untrustworthy, and may or may not be lying, then helder either did or did not steal the contents of the site, Matt did or did not plan to maintain the site as-is for the sake of archiving (rather than money), and some guy did or did not do the redirect. Things we do know:

1) The site was redirected by helder, Matt, or some third party
2) The site was maintained by helder for a while
3) The site is no longer available.
Right, and so those are the only certain things. Everything else is just hear-say. Jumping to conclusions either way is unwise
All I know is that initially the CK salvage project started by Flyingfisch. Helder got involved shortly afterward by creating Casio-Scene. Not sure if Flyingfisch got involved in the domain name edit nor if anybody else joined the project besides those two people, other than for downloading files from archive.org
Speaking of FlyingFisch, I haven't seen him around for at least two or three weeks; maybe he is on vacation? And perhaps if any of these three players could come give us some more first-hand information, we could start sorting out what exactly, truthfully, happened. :/
DJ_O wrote:
All I know is that initially the CK salvage project started by Flyingfisch. Helder got involved shortly afterward by creating Casio-Scene. Not sure if Flyingfisch got involved in the domain name edit nor if anybody else joined the project besides those two people, other than for downloading files from archive.org

I seem to remember it. Based on the thread, though, itdoesn't look like much happened. FlyingFisch won't be able to contribute his comments for a while.
I edited your post for to tone down the personal injection into FlyingFisch's absence. If FlyingFisch wishes to state why he's away let me him do it.

Thanks.
Hi Kerm (and others)

Thanks for inviting me over here to respond. I appreciate the comments that people have made that are supportive and understanding of what happened.

Casio Kingdom is open for business again

Passwords have been reset and all members will be receiving their unique password which can be changed during login. If you can't wait for the email you can always just go to the website and click "forgot password".

A lot happened with the cloning, hacking and data theft and action is still in progress because there was a great amount of data that was deleted as the incident took place.

I have discussed what happened over in this thread:
http://www.casiokingdom.org/calculator-forum/site-news-announcements/casio-kingdom-recovery-(your-data-theft-concerns-and-action)/

I appreciate that some of you are friends with Helder and all that I can say is that his aim of wanting to save the files is a good thing but the if you have to do so many bad things to accomplish a good thing, then maybe you aren't a good person.

Helder was involved in other actions that haven't been discussed yet like exploiting a flaw to make himself the CK admin and then start deleting the threads -

1. Why would anyone who cared about the community delete threads from the CK forum?
2. Why would someone who cared about the community redirect the Casio Kingdom domain name to his site and leave a calling card (his websites logo) on my server?
3. Later he requested that I send a scanned image of my drivers license so that he could authorize his bank to send me a payment for CK? Why was he trying to get my drivers license??

I am very confident in my evidence and stand firmly behind everything that I have accused him of. He just isn't a good person.

I still have a lot of work to do on CK (fixing some broken links and setting up the download section) but I hope to see some of you there and I thank Kerm for giving me this opportunity to reply here.
Eh, while I agree with what you're putting out there and think helder is looking more and more like he did multiple things that weren't the brightest idea, I don't quite like the "he's not a good person" part, at all. So, it looks like he made (quite a few) mistakes. Perhaps ill-intentioned, perhaps not. Either way, it's not fair to judge his personality publicly. That's a bit over the top.
after all, who are you to say I'm a bad person?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1510/badgel.jpg

Edit by Merth: Giant image turned to URL.
You use windows; ergo, you are bad. QED.

On topic, however, I 'm really not liking all the hatred received from matt...
Sigh, Matt is polluting this board as well, with his hatred...

Seriously, creating this filthy badge against helder7 is beyond disrespectful. And rewarding people for creating topics is just so laughable: that's not the way to create activity and respectability...
Independently of what happened, nothing gives Matt the right to say "helder santos sucks" (and much less distributing pin badges with that text in it!) because AFAIK helder never got to the point of saying such things about Matt.
I now lean heavily in favor of helder7, because IMHO he is being personally attacked (i.e. not "Casio Scene sucks" but "Helder Santos sucks") in a level that is inadequate for the harm helder7 may have eventually done. Looks like Matt is trying to solve any problems with a revenge, which only does more harm and gets him even more in the red.
As forum administrator, launching personal attacks at a community member in public, or worse, encouraging your members and visitors to hate that person is generally not a good idea to allow yourself or your site to get a good reputation and high-enough-to-survive website following.

Launching personal attacks against an entire group of people because they do not agree with you is not a good idea either.

Also, it's generally not a good idea to delete/edit people posts just because you do not agree with them or reveal different sides of the story.

My opinion, of course.
All decent forum administrators that I know of (besides those who behave the exact same way as Matt) share that opinion.
This is too low and overall all its going to do is hurt the community. If this keeps up Casio-Kingdom won't be a good place to go for anything. Giving a website that seemed to be pretty good before a reputation for flaming and abusing other people and sites is an absolute horrible thing to do. I hope this gets worked out and soon.
I was banned from CK because i did not agree on Matt and the way he sees how things went. I have never seen someone act so immature.

I once contibuted to the casio scene with popular games and am sad to see CK die at the hands of Matt who is obviously only in it for the google revenue's

I am on Helders side, and am sad CS is down, it was a good CK substitute.

The new CK is just a cash cow without files, i guess it will be dead soon.

Helder, you have my permission to upload my games and tutorials to a site you think is suitable...
Welcome to Cemetech, Menno. What sort of a Casio programmer are you; are you a Prizm programmer, or do you code for the 9860 series? While we're at it, be sure to Introduce Yourself and perhaps share some of your projects. If you have any Prizm projects, you should upload them to our Archives.
I programmed for the casio 9860 series. Calccity, pacman, arkanoid, klondike(patience), casio Pool, relative humidity calculator.

Back then i won some prices

On UCF and planete casio most of my games are downloadable

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours