Ok, what I want to do is make an addin exit to menu, and when i press menu again, restart the addin?

All my attempts have simply frozen the calc. :-\
What do your attempts look like? If you use the following, [MENU] twice will leave and re-enter your add-in, but you can't easily tell that your add-in has been left:
Code:
            GetKeyWait_OS(&kcol,&krow,KEYWAIT_HALTON_TIMEROFF,1,0,&key);
            Bdisp_EnableColor(1);

Edit: I do wonder what kcol and krow and key look like afterwards, though, and if you can use that to detect that MENU was handled.
well, mine ususally look something like this:

Code:

while (!done) {
   key = PRGM_GetKey
   switch (key) {
      case KEY_PRGM_MENU:
      done = 1;
      break;
   }
}
return 1

//stuff to do after re-entry to addin

But i guess my real question is, how do you get the addin to exit to menu? Is there a syscall?
No, there's no known syscall, and exiting isn't the right solution either. You need to let one of the getkey system calls handle it, hence my suggestion.
why not do:

Code:

int main() {
if (key==menu) {
   exitToMenu();
}
}

void exitToMenu() {
   GetKey(&key);
}

That would do a blocking GetKey which would allow turning off the calc, or exiting to menu, right?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours