Cross-posted from UCF

Found this interesting so I thought I would share it with you guys Smile

wudy wrote:
Hello !

(sorry for my poor English, I'm from China).

I released WSC & FVM v1.2, and translated the documentation to english.
WSC is a on-calc C compiler, I add many functions to it, now you can use it like the 9860 SDK on computer.

there is a demo, the program is written in C on my calculator:

download:
http://code.google.com/p/wsc/downloads/det...mp;can=2&q=
Those two programs alone are pretty cool physics demos, so thanks for sharing the video. I haven't gotten a chance to check out the compiler, but I trust that it's pretty good if it can build those demos. It sounds as if he took an existing lightweight C compiler and figured out how to compile it for the fx9860, is that correct?
KermMartian wrote:
Those two programs alone are pretty cool physics demos, so thanks for sharing the video. I haven't gotten a chance to check out the compiler, but I trust that it's pretty good if it can build those demos. It sounds as if he took an existing lightweight C compiler and figured out how to compile it for the fx9860, is that correct?

You know, i am not sure. I can ask him. the fact is, the only thing i know about the project is what I just quoted. I did ask a few questions but can't see the answers right now because 2072 is updating the UCF forum version which may take a while.

I'll post when i get more updates... or maybe wudy will Smile
it isnt really a c compiler, it is a virtual machine

I and wudy will improve documentation in next days -> http://wiki.casio-scene.com/en/WSC_and_FVM
helder7 wrote:
it isnt really a c compiler, it is a virtual machine

I and wudy will improve documentation in next days -> http://wiki.casio-scene.com/en/WSC_and_FVM

Well, from what I glanced, it definitely is a C compiler, but it seems to compile it to a form of bytecode instead of to a machine code binary. Which honestly is still quite cool; I wonder how easy it would be to pipe that bytecode into a FVM Bytecode -> binary compiler (and, just as importantly, how easy to write it.)

Definitely something that should be migrated to the Prizm as well Smile
Yeah i thought this was pretty cool so i posted about it. I have actually known about it for quite a while (3 weeks) but when i linked to it on irc, someone (i am not going to use names) said "That's stupid. why are people still developing for the 9860 and who would want to code in C on such a small screen anyway?"

But then the video came. And i was convinced of its coolness. so i posted.
flyingfisch wrote:
"That's stupid. why are people still developing for the 9860 and who would want to code in C on such a small screen anyway?"

I'm surprised someone in this community would actually say that, and a bit disappointed, considering the main focus for this site has revolved around the far inferior TI-8x series. Plus, code is very portable from the 9860 and the cg10/20, so anything (in theory) for the 9860 could be easily made into cg10/20 code. Hardly anything to whine about...

Anyways, thanks for cross posting this despite said comments, I'm sure a lot of cemetechnicians wouldn't have known this existed otherwise (I can at least vouch for myself and say that it would be months before I stumbled across it.) Smile
I am happy that not everyone here is of the opinion about this project of the person i talked to on the irc Smile

I am still waiting for UCF to be updated to find out how large the addin's size is. I am sort of curious to find out, because it seems like it would be rather large, but then, i am no expert.
flyingfisch wrote:

I am still waiting for UCF to be updated to find out how large the addin's size is.

compiler + virtual machine + library, only +/- 100kb -> http://www.casio-scene.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=396

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours