king601 wrote:
Hey guys , I would like the developers here for their contribution Smile for casio prizm development. I have one question ,how long will it take to port cas to prizm ? any estimates?. also for KermMartian, when ur 3d graphing add-in will be available? i am very excited to these release because i needed for chemistry major . Hybridization and quantum mechanics problems is killing us , so hard Mad
Welcome to Cemetech, King601! Glad to hear that you're a Prizm user. May I request that you Introduce Yourself when you get a chance? King601, I think at this point the main problem is that no one is actively working on such a project, but with the number of Cemetechians who have now gotten Prizms and are learning C development thanks to Casio's training program, I'm hoping that will change soon. I have no idea when I'll have enough time to throw the grapher add-in together, but like most of my projects, I'll probably do the bulk of it in one quick spurt once it reaches the top of my project queue.

AHelper: That would be greatly appreciated!
Hello there, any news about CAS or 3D graphing? Smile
Well, I have been writing a CAS for the ti8x calcs running GlaßOS, but it also works on the Prizm (see graph3DP). I am busy with other things and the CAS is almost done transitioning to a stable phase.
3d graphic avaliable here

Other Cas for prizm under dev in cs but is in a inicial phase
helder7 wrote:
3d graphic avaliable here

Other Cas for prizm under dev in cs but is in a inicial phase

Is that supposed to be a link? Or is that talking about Cemetech?
zeldaking wrote:

Is that supposed to be a link? Or is that talking about Cemetech?

its in dev in external website
myshow wrote:
Hello there, any news about CAS or 3D graphing? Smile
Graph3DP will get a bump whenever I get a chance to start playing with the upgraded gCAS2. AHelper has ported a 3D engine for general 3D graphics that he's currently playing with. gCAS2 is our current best bet for a symbolic Prizm CAS, so that'll move along as his schedule permits.
Where is the gcas2(for prizm if thats what were talking about)?
And What Is It?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
And What Is It?
gCAS2 is a flexible Computer Algebra System (CAS) library written by AHelper. He originally designed it for his TI-83+/84+ operating system, GlassOS, but since it's written in C, it was easy to port over to the Prizm. It does most of its under-the-hood manipulations with symbolic math, meaning that it can work with things like variables without having numeric values for those variables. Therefore, it can output TI-89-style symbolic answers (and pretty-printed answers) as well as filling in numbers and returning "approximate" answers.
KermMartian wrote:
And What Is It?
gCAS2 is a flexible Computer Algebra System (CAS) library written by AHelper. He originally designed it for his TI-83+/84+ operating system, GlassOS, but since it's written in C, it was easy to port over to the Prizm. It does most of its under-the-hood manipulations with symbolic math, meaning that it can work with things like variables without having numeric values for those variables. Therefore, it can output TI-89-style symbolic answers (and pretty-printed answers) as well as filling in numbers and returning "approximate" answers.

Cool thats sounds intresting. now where would you find this updated version of it?
I don't provide binaries for gCAS2 or libgcas2. You can grab the latest source at http://glassos.svn.sf.net/viewvc/glassos/trunk/src/gCAS2
KermMartian wrote:
And What Is It?

Does this mean there is a CAS add-in? Looked at the link Ahelper posted but it does not seem to be a add-in there.

Would be nice to have CAS sense my math book wants me to use a CAS calc for some problems. Smile

Sorry if I am noobish. Smile
I only make the library and run it on linux, and sometimes GlassOS. I don't provide gCAS2 binaries for the prizm, just the library source.
AHelper wrote:
I only make the library and run it on linux, and sometimes GlassOS. I don't provide gCAS2 binaries for the prizm, just the library source.

Okay. Is there going to be a Prizm add-in in the future or should I stop waiting and check back in a few months? Smile
lirkaren wrote:
AHelper wrote:

Okay. Is there going to be a Prizm add-in in the future or should I stop waiting and check back in a few months? Smile
It's definitely going to evolve into an add-in eventually; Graph3DP hopefully demonstrates just how easy it is to use gCAS2 on the Prizm. You should keep checking back often; too bad you don't have the C knowledge slash motivation to learn so you could make it yourself. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
lirkaren wrote:
AHelper wrote:

It's definitely going to evolve into an add-in eventually; Graph3DP hopefully demonstrates just how easy it is to use gCAS2 on the Prizm. You should keep checking back often; too bad you don't have the C knowledge slash motivation to learn so you could make it yourself. Sad

C Seems hard to learn and im on a crappy laptop from ~2006 so I don't know if it wold work thad good. Smile But I am thinking about learning it some day when I have time. Razz
The SDK can run on a tiny little embedded board that I have; I'm sure that your laptop can handle it. Razz You edit code in a text editor and compile it with a standard GNU toolchain. You should definitely give it a try, even just to learn it if not for the Prizm.
I made GlassOS on my 2006 laptop and I still run it. Slow, but it runs.

Maybe you should make a thread for learning C? We could suggest some tutorials and resources to get you started.
AHelper wrote:

Maybe you should make a thread for learning C? We could suggest some tutorials and resources to get you started.

Sounds good, I will start a thread probably tomorrow. Smile
lirkaren wrote:
AHelper wrote:

Sounds good, I will start a thread probably tomorrow. Smile
Awesome, I (and I'm sure we) look forward to doing what we can to push you along in your C learning.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours