flyingfisch wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
O.o Really, you guys allow that? I always worry a lot about conflicts of interests, even unintentional ones, with that sort of situation.

Well Forty-Two said we do, so I guess so.

I favor this, since I want to have plenty of judges (at least 3 per category). The plan is to have the judges write up their opinions, and then pm me the scores, which will then be averaged out for the winners. I'm going to try to keep cross-judge talking to a minimum, so that judges will judge based on their opinions of the entries.

Tari wrote:
seana11 wrote:
Tari wrote:
Can a team of multiple programmers submit a single entry? What Merth and I have been working on fits the topic, but it's a joint effort.

I'd have to think about it; I'm not sure whether group projects would imbalance the field.

Any further word on this?

I'm thinking no, but this is a really cool project, and exactly the thing that I wanted to spark with this contest. Let me get an opinion from ffisch first.
Sounds like you guys need to figure out your organizational chart re: who is at the top of the hierarchy. Just Joking Anyway, I think the Merth+Tari project is a cool one, but I trust them both to do a great job whether it's a contest entry or not.
flyingfisch wrote:
Cartix wrote:
seana11 wrote:
Would you mind judging, then?

If this proposition was for me, sorry but i'm going to enter this contest with a Classpad Basic program.
But if you want, i can test other program and just give my opinion, without point, if it can help you

If your program is going to be for one category only, you can still judge the other categories Wink

No problem, I'll judge the other catégories

KermMartian wrote:
Shock Really, you guys allow that? I always worry a lot about conflicts of interests, even unintentional ones, with that sort of situation.

Don't worry about ''conflicts of interests''. A basic program can't be compared with an add-in or with an CPLua program, so that there won't be any matters Wink
Cartix wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
Cartix wrote:
seana11 wrote:
Would you mind judging, then?

If this proposition was for me, sorry but i'm going to enter this contest with a Classpad Basic program.
But if you want, i can test other program and just give my opinion, without point, if it can help you

If your program is going to be for one category only, you can still judge the other categories ;)

No problem, I'll judge the other catégories

KermMartian wrote:
O.o Really, you guys allow that? I always worry a lot about conflicts of interests, even unintentional ones, with that sort of situation.

Don't worry about ''conflicts of interests''. A basic program can't be compared with an add-in or with an CPLua program, so that there won't be any matters ;)

Actually, we're going to be doing that :P
to compare basic, add-in and Lua ?
Other question : Can I use a librairie wich hasn't been writen by me ?
Cartix wrote:
to compare basic, add-in and Lua ?
Other question : Can I use a librairie wich hasn't been writen by me ?

The Rules wrote:
C/Asm, Lua, and Basic will be judged together, with handicaps listed in the topics section.

The Rules wrote:
Work must be original, but porting and usage of libraries are allowed.
Sorry, i forgot the fact that it'll be jugded with handicap Very Happy

Thank for the answer.
Ok, the official list of who to bribe is:

3D: MicroPro, FlyingFisch, Forty-Two, Cartix, Puerobaz
On-Calc Language: MicroPro, FlyingFisch, Puerobaz
Shell/FM: MicroPro, Forty-Two, Cartix, Krazylegodrummer
Educational: MicroPro, FlyingFisch, Forty-Two, Cartix, Krazylegodrummer
Editor: MicroPro, FlyingFisch, Forty-Two, Cartix, Puerobaz

We accept calculators, minions, and food.

(I'd also like to get another language judge on board, since we have only two judges there. *Stares at Helder*)
It's Purobaz, you heathen. Razz That looks like 5 unique judges, right? How many entrants do you have so far? And how many completed entries?
KermMartian wrote:
It's Purobaz, you heathen. :P That looks like 5 unique judges, right? How many entrants do you have so far? And how many completed entries?

6 judges. :P

No entrants so far, but I'm expecting around 10-15 I'm thinking that most of the judges plan to enter in something that they are not judging for, planete casio has shown considerable interest, so I'd put them at 5 entries, and around 3-4 from various places.
Quick Reminder For Everyone:

The deadline for the contest is August 15. Make sure to upload your program by 12:00 am. UTC. Sources must be included with the program under a folder in the zip. Happy Coding!
How many entrants do you have so far, and did prizes get finalized?
KermMartian wrote:
How many entrants do you have so far, and did prizes get finalized?

We have some nice userbars designed by ffisch (mostly) and me.

I know for sure that Wudy is entering the language category; and nitrosax in 3d. I have not heard from the judges about what they are entering, and nothing from planete casio as of yet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours