Here's a list of suppliers I've purchased parts and equipment from over the years and can vouch for their quality:

Avnet
Electronics Goldmine
Digi-Key
Digilent
HVW Technologies/Solarbotics
Jameco
Mouser
Polo lu
Sure Electronics

Feel free to post any other suppliers you've had good experiences with.
Farnell
RS Components

Being in the UK my choices are going to be slightly different (US suppliers often charge an arm and a leg to ship stuff, so I tend to avoid them). The above have distributors in many countries, though. The following are UK-based but may be able to ship to you:

Bitsbox
Rapid
Maplin

eBay is always worth a gander if you're after the odd part or tool (I too have bought from Sure Electronics, for example).
Futurlec
Don't forget eBay
aeTIos wrote:
Futurlec
Don't forget eBay
That's weird, it looks like my post never went through. Futurlec seems like a good resource; it was actually Qazz42 who actually found it for me.
I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned Newegg.
LincolnB wrote:
I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned Newegg.
They don't really have electronics components; they're mostly a computer components store, which is not what we're discussing. Oh, I visited a Microcenter in New Jersey for the first time this past weekend, and was surprised to discover that they have component, heat-shrink tubing, and other fun things.
All the subject says is Components, so I assumed that meant any technology-related components, but ok.
LincolnB wrote:
All the subject says is Components, so I assumed that meant any technology-related components, but ok.
It is supposed to be the Electronics/Hardware Development subforum. Smile I edited the topic title accordingly.
Ah, makes sense.
dx.com can't be beaten for me.
it takes a time to deliver, but the shipping is free, no matter where you live.
not only do they supply in electronics but also other fun gadgets for really good prices Smile
Sparkfun is a good one. The parts are well-documented and there are breakout boards for all those pesky SMT parts!
Adafruit is good.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours