I think this is the right area(If not go ahead and move it)

I'm trying to load some programs to my old Ti-84+, but it won't connect. Every time I plug it into the computer it shows up on ti connect and when I move the file I wan't to the calculator it says cannot connect with the calculator. Funny thing is on the calculator it displays a down arrow and if you touch a button it resets.
The calculator had some programs on it BUT when it reset the first time EVERYTHING was deleted. Can anyone help with this problem?
Well, we probably need some more information. For starters, what cable are you using to connect? Is TI Connect recognizing that you have a calculator connected?
My solution: Use tiLP. It's way better than ti-connect, and doesn't give random crap errors. Very Happy
Might try a RAM clear or a full memory reset on the calc, and try again.

The direct USB cables aren't known to be reliable, getting the USB silver cable generally ensures file transfers to be trouble free. Normally.
The cable that came with the calculator and I have already tried resetting it but still has the error.
1) Try reinstalling TI-Connect

2) Try a different USB port on the computer

3) Try TILP
4) Worst-case scenario, assuming that completely uninstalling and re-installing TI-Connect failed, try a CLEAR-ON reset of your calculator, which will cause data loss.
A pic I made on wabbit emu of the arrows location when I try to put something onto the calculator:(also the cursor flashes but I didn't want to try and incorporate it)

I think that the error is on the calculator not ticalc or the cable
Yes, I had the same problem. Did you try installing new batteries?
YAY Thanks blue_bear_94 it worked

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours