-Make TI-8x games
-Make Prizm games
-Program(Duh)

Random Stuff:
-Try to write some music
-Be awesome
-Have fun
-Make more Youtube videos
-Rule the World(This one will take a while Laughing )
-Annoy the crap out of people

This is all I could think of. Might add more later.
merthsoft wrote:
Tari wrote:
Implement a general temporal buffer for shell pipelines (idea I've been sitting on for a while).
What's that in English?

Assume this program is called 'smooth', plugging the output from feed-accelerator into it. Lines are annotated with the time they're printed.

Code:
$ python feed.py
00:00 Feed 1 Item 1
00:00 Feed 1 Item 2
00:00 Feed 2 Item 1
00:00 Feed 2 Item 2
15:00 Feed 1 Item 3
15:00 Feed 1 Item 4
With temporal buffering:
Code:
$ python feed.py | smooth -r 15
00:00 Feed 1 Item 1
04:00 Feed 2 Item 1
08:00 Feed 2 Item 2
12:00 Feed 1 Item 1
15:00 Feed 1 Item 3
22:30 Feed 1 Item 4

Internally, it'll probably basically be an inverse exponential function and linear regression for tuning. It serves to smooth out bursts of output, in this case to give a steady trickle of items from RSS feeds rather than bursts of entries when the program refreshes the feed.
Also some non-calc-related stuff:
Do my AP World summer assignment
Try to come up with something great using Game Maker
Play video/computer games
Be annoying
Watch 4th of July fireworks
NOT watch My Little Pony
blue_bear_94 wrote:
Be annoying
You already seem to have that one down pat. Razz

For my own list, I forgot that I want to try to finish off Doors CS 7.2. I also would like to make two or three videos going through various TI program concepts, as a sort of marketing thing for my book.
KermMartian wrote:
blue_bear_94 wrote:
Be annoying
You already seem to have that one down pat. Razz

Once it was a misunderstanding.
blue_bear_94 wrote:
NOT watch My Little Pony

Sounds like a pretty lame summer plan.
I'm not much of a "plan" person, myself, but I have a few ideas for what I might like to do this summer. Anyways, these are listed in order of importance.

1. Android development; basically, I will consider it a success if I make money off of an app. It'll probably be a stick figure-y platform game using this physics engine. At least, thats the plan.

2. Work on TLKOA - this one's pretty far off; its still very much in the beginning phases, and I have a feeling its going to take a looooooong time to finish. My goal with this one is to finish before I graduate high school in a couple years.

3. Possibly host a website/forum/something; I'm not entirely sure if I want to do this, but it'd certainly be a solid learning experience, seeing as I always get confused when people start talking about IP addresses and server ports and whatnot. I get the jist of it, but since I've never actually taken the time to dive into that kind of stuff I'm not as knowledgeable about it as I'd like to be.

I'm doing other stuff besides computers, too; I have a (fairly low-key) job lined up for myself and I'm playing the snare in marching band.
Tari wrote:
It serves to smooth out bursts of output, in this case to give a steady trickle of items from RSS feeds rather than bursts of entries when the program refreshes the feed.
Why would one want to do that?
To make it more of a consistent data source. If you dumped the output into something that displays each entry as it comes in, throwing smooth in the middle will delay each entry so they appear at fairly regular intervals and leave enough time to read each one.
Tari wrote:
To make it more of a consistent data source. If you dumped the output into something that displays each entry as it comes in, throwing smooth in the middle will delay each entry so they appear at fairly regular intervals and leave enough time to read each one.
I guess I'm still just not sure why you'd want that. If I got 10 updates at once, I want them at once--I don't want artificial throttling. For example, if I get 10 emails all at once, and the last one was super high importance, I wouldn't want it to show up an hour later.
But if you have something that only displays one entry at a time, you don't want to miss a bunch of things if they all arrive at once. It's certainly not designed for important data, just when you want a trickle of unimportant things (as many RSS feeds are).
I guess I don't use enough things like that to want to use it, but that makes sense. I've never used RSS, I guess I assumed it was like email: it showed you when you had new things, and you went from there.
LincolnB wrote:
I'm not much of a "plan" person, myself, but I have a few ideas for what I might like to do this summer. Anyways, these are listed in order of importance.
[...]
3. Possibly host a website/forum/something; I'm not entirely sure if I want to do this, but it'd certainly be a solid learning experience.
It sounds as if you should probably also read up on communications/networking at some point, but hosting a website is a good way to give yourself a crash course in a lot of the important concepts. I hope you'll start a topic so that we can all chip in answers and feedback if and when you do get around to this.
Yeah, I'll be sure to post about it if I have any questions/learn anything cool/et cetera.
LincolnB wrote:
Yeah, I'll be sure to post about it if I have any questions/learn anything cool/et cetera.
Excellent! I realized I remembered one more goal that I have for my summer, but I'm afraid I've completely forgotten what it was. Sad
I am taking an online chemistry course. I want to start learning the ins and outs of my arduino. And I am working on an Android app with a group of people from school.
Mine:

1) Learn some computer languages (C, C++, Java, python, perl, etc.)
2) Lose the game >9000 times

Razz
Parser Padwan wrote:
Mine:

1) Learn some computer languages (C, C++, Java, python, perl, etc.)
2) Lose the game >9000 times

Razz
Doing #2 fewer than 9000 times (0 if possible) would probably give you even more free time to do #1. Wink (or perhaps give you time to do #3, which could be more calculator programming)
KermMartian wrote:
LincolnB wrote:
Excellent! I realized I remembered one more goal that I have for my summer, but I'm afraid I've completely forgotten what it was. Sad

I've loosely decided to save up some cash and take a week vacation to New York state. Since, I only had a layover for a flight and I've made a few friends that live there, some whom I haven't seen for a few years others at all Smile

I'm still thinking about it and may be around October or just when ever I save enough.
comicIDIOT, that sounds like a great idea! I hope I am one of the people you're thinking of visiting. Smile Parser: Which specifically? You should choose one to start with; I'd recommend Python or C, personally.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours