I found this while I was on digg.com: http://www.fsffrance.org/news/article2005-11-25.en.html

I believe that this is a stupid idea and I hope that it is not passed.

Anyone else have an opinion about it?
now, why would they do this? It is completly stupid. Microsoft knows hat Linux and other open source exists, and yes, does try to eliminate, but I think it made Microsoft have better code than if opec source didn't exist. If you wanted to fight opensource software, you might as well destroy the interent (because what isn't you webscripting language but open source?)
rivereye wrote:
now, why would they do this? It is completly stupid. Microsoft knows hat Linux and other open source exists, and yes, does try to eliminate, but I think it made Microsoft have better code than if opec source didn't exist. If you wanted to fight opensource software, you might as well destroy the interent (because what isn't you webscripting language but open source?)

I nominate that for the post with the most grammatical/spelling errors! Laughing

anywho, I think its funny, and I hope it passes - <mumble>stupid f$%!%* french ppl....they should all die</mumble>
I always get criicized for my spelling when I can't use my laptop for posting (auto spellcheck for everything, and I mean everything). Anywho, as long as it doesn't interupt me
ever considered a simple re-read? you definitely would have cought most of that...
do you really think so, I am really bad in spelling/grammer.
I do think you would have cought some of these errors, here, lemme point some (aka, alot) out to you

rivereye wrote:

"knows hat linux" <- "knows that linux" maybe?
"yes, does try" <- "yes, they do try"
"to eleminate" <- "to eliminate it" (need to eliminate something)
"opec source" <- "open source"
"opensource" <- "open source"
"interent" <- "internet"
"(becuase what isn't you webscripting language but open source)" <- "(because isn't webscripting language open source?)" - whew, that was a bad one to try and sift through

see? most are just simple little mistakes that are easy to spot, and even easier to fix - a simple re-read helps every time (thats what that big ol' preview button next to submit is for Laughing )
Didn't they try to pass this law in the E.U. as a whole over the summer? (And failed miserably Laughing)
I believe the EU did try that. I hope this fails also
Kllrnohj wrote:
ever considered a simple re-read? you definitely would have cought most of that...

Laughing The irony....it's caught, not cought!
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Laughing The irony....it's caught, not cought!

meh, its close enough that the true meaning was easily understood - I'm not going to nitpick over spelling as long as its easily read

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours