From the day that the Casio Prizm was first announced, I have been impressed with the polished, professional C and BASIC programs the coders of Cemetech have dreamed and created. Today we'll be focusing on the newest accomplishments of AHelper, gbl08ma, and PierrotLL. Two of the three programs are 3D games, an area that we've only recently begun to explore on the Prizm. The first 3D program was Graph3DP, my color 3D graphing utility for the Prizm of which the first beta has been released. 3D on the Prizm has been brought even further by AHelper, who first ported over a 3D rendering engine with occlusion, colors, polygons, and even lighting, then added textures and full-screen rendering. You can see the log of AHelper's 3D engine development on the Cemetech forum, complete with videos and animated GIFs of the engine's development. His work culminated in a two-player 3D checkers game for the Prizm, which you can download from the Prizm fx-CG10/cg20 Games section of the Archives.

Three entries were submitted to the Planete Casio 48-Hour Prizm Contest, which also focused on 3D programs. In the genre of 3D games, CubeField by PierrotLL stood out as truly 3D, and a great port of a game that has also been ported to the Nspire calculator. We look forward to CubeField arriving in the Cemetech archives soon. Rounding off recent Prizm developments at Cemetech, gbl08ma has taken Ashbad (and others') work on Prizm overclocking and created a new, simplified overclocking program called OverClui. You can slide the calculator's speed along a scale from 3.6MHz all the way up to 94.3MHz, close to twice as fast as the calculator's native speed. Be sure to check out all of these new releases on your own Prizm and post your feedback, congratulations, and suggestions in the projects' threads below!

Downloads and Discussion Topics
3D renderer with software rasterizer by AHelper
3D Checkers by AHelper
OverClui - an user-friendly UI for over/underclocking by gbl08ma

Left to right: CubeField by PierrotLL, Checkers3D by AHelper, 3D Engine Test by AHelper, and OverClui by Gbl08ma
Nifty! CubeField looks a lot like CubeRunner that I downloaded on iOS when I got when the iPod Touch came out. By no means though, is the game original to the iPod. I came to really like the game, even today, I look forward to playing it on my Prizm.

(Side note, You have CubeRunner in the article but CubeField in the Image captions, I'm confused.)

Great work is happening the Prizm software, can't wait to see what comes next!
It should be CubeField; thanks for catching that one. I'm not thrilled about the title of this article either, written as it was at 2am, but c'est la vie.
Quote:
Great work is happening the Prizm software, can't wait to see what comes next!
Agreed, me neither!
I got CubeField about an hour ago... its awesome!
Oh, stop it, you Smile I never thought OverClui would be highlighted in this way. In the end, it is a very simple program, and the hardest part was making the selector arrow look properly, since for some reason the second lines who double the thickness weren't starting or finishing in the right positions. Took me some time and lots of [connect Prizm]->[load new g3a]->[wait for Prizm to disconnect]->[test and see what's wrong]->[connect again] cycles to figure it out.

CubeField is awesome. There's also another game that was launched on a French Casio community that I don't like that much but about which my friends at school are really excited...

I'm now going to try 3D checkers - should be awesome as well.
gbl08ma wrote:
Oh, stop it, you Smile I never thought OverClui would be highlighted in this way.

Listen. OverClui is a great program. Even if it is simple, its still great. Get used to it. Smile
gbl08ma: As ffisch says, its appeal lies not in the time taken to make the program, but the advantage that it offers users (ie, user-friendly overclocking even for braindead non-programmers that don't understand what a number is). gbl08ma, what's this other game? Can you lure the programmer here to post a topic about the game and upload it to the archives, or is it a game that wouldn't be appropriate for Cemetech? And I'm still waiting for CubeField to hit the archives, as I hinted at in the news. Smile
Wow, I looked at what you've done; I wish I had a Prizm.
Kerm, the game is available here:
http://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/programmes/programme1904-1-sonic-smashmaster-add-in.html

I could not find the respective page on the English version of the website (that version seems quite unmaintained)
Quote:
I could not find the respective page on the English version of the website (that version seems quite unmaintained)

It's normal, this game has not been posted in english Wink
I made ​​some updates to the international version of Planète-Casio, but i have enough work with the french version.

Thanks a lot KermMartian for sharing our contest Smile !

Sorry for my bad english, i did my best.
totoyo wrote:
Quote:

I made ​​some updates to the international version of Planète-Casio, but i have enough work with the french version.

Your English was great! Why not Introduce Yourself and feel free to post any projects you have as well!
gbl08ma wrote:
Kerm, the game is available here:
http://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/programmes/programme1904-1-sonic-smashmaster-add-in.html

Just checked it out, those graphics are jaw dropping. It seems to have a few issues with making sure that you can progress past certain things, but otherwise it's quite nice Very Happy
totoyo wrote:
Quote:

Indeed, I've been trying to get the authors to remember to upload their games to the Cemetech Prizm Games archives for the English-speaking users. Smile And your English is fine. As comicIDIOT said, you should introduce yourself!
I've introduced myself. When i've finished my games, i will upload them on Cemetech Smile
Late to comment, but not too late to congratulate! Nice job guys on all the Prizm advances you made! They're all quite impressive Smile
totoyo wrote:
I've introduced myself. When i've finished my games, i will upload them on Cemetech Smile

Please feel free to let us know what kind of projects you are working on them, and any major developments you might happen to make. Smile
As i said in "Introduce myself", my last big project was a adaptation of Starcraft II in Basic Casio. But this langage isn't enough powerful.
Eiyeron wants to make a Pokemon on Prizm and i love this game too. First, learning C Very Happy !
totoyo wrote:
As i said in "Introduce myself", my last big project was a adaptation of Starcraft II in Basic Casio. But this langage isn't enough powerful.
Eiyeron wants to make a Pokemon on Prizm and i love this game too. First, learning C Very Happy !
Be sure to ask us any C programming questions you may have (as well as questions about using the Prizm libraries and the functions that we have written to help support graphics and other features on the Prizm). As TIFreak8x says, if and when you get a project started, we would love a Your Projects post so that we can see your progress and offer feedback.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours