Quote:
After a week of fiddling with folders and another week debugging an annoying stack error, folder support has begun to work in Doors CS 5.3.2, the predecessor to Doors CS 5.4, aka Neptune. Saturn (Doors CS 5.3) was completed recently, though not released, and Neptune is built upon it. Among the features in these two versions are fixed archive crashing, better associated program routines, and an updated toolbar. The final 5.4 will have full folder support in the Professional Edition as well as all other anticipated features in both the Standard and Professional Editions. Look for 5.4 by the end of November.

Woot!! This looks pretty 1337. Looks more like windows every day...let's just hope it has less bugs... Laughing Good Job Good Idea
Looks nice! Smile

How much additional mem does the folders take apiece? Also, is this still in good ol asm? Or has the porting to app process begun?
Still good ol' ASM. Apping doesn't begin until 5.5.
Each folder takes up 8 bytes of storage + the 12 byte VAT entry = 20 bytes.
any way you can have it so all the folders are in one appvar (or whatever), so therefore only take up 12 VAT total? (and the rest of the bytes archived)
That would disable the nesting functions. Chances are people aren't going to make anywhere the limit of 255 folders, so I'm not gonna worry about folder size too much.

I'm working on the two bugs seen in that screenie, viz:
1. Unexpected folder name clipping
2. Scrollbar extension for 0 onscreen

Edit: Fixed! And I upgraded the properties menu:

I found two more bugs, viz:
1. deleting folders causes the gui to crash :S
2. Renaming/copying folders = bad.
KermMartian wrote:
That would disable the nesting functions. Chances are people aren't going to make anywhere the limit of 255 folders, so I'm not gonna worry about folder size too much.

I'm working on the two bugs seen in that screenie, viz:
1. Unexpected folder name clipping
2. Scrollbar extension for 0 onscreen

Edit: Fixed! And I upgraded the properties menu:

I found two more bugs, viz:
1. deleting folders causes the gui to crash :S
2. Renaming/copying folders = bad.

Any idea why the scrollbar goes down when entering an empty folder?

I had had the old img inserted. Very Happy
beasty.

now if you had Usb support you could have this:

lol - I actually did design an icon for that Very Happy
lets see it. Mine is just a black and white version of the one from windows
Lemme find it, I think it may still be oncalc.
Hey, were can you download this? Graphing Calculator I cant find it anywere. Can you post a URL or something?
in development, so it needs to be finished
Oh, Ooops, lol so hes working on both 6 and 5.4?
he is progressing to 6.0, the project currently stands at 5.4...
Actually 5.3.5, 5.4 is due to be released once I iron out a few bugs.
where is it...November ends yesterday...
OK ok, I'm trying to work on SourceCoder too. :S Smile
well, on with the coding [DCS-mind you] and stop working on SC for now...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours