Since Snake II is one of my favorite games ever, I am always happy to see some modern ports of it. For example a javascript version that runs in a web browser (http://www.helpfulsheep.com/snake/). This got me thinking of what else I would like to see it on. I had recently downloaded Nspaint, so I created some of the basic sprites from Snake II.

I am hoping to continue this idea and maybe create this in Lua. Would be a fun project to get me started in programming.
Seems like a cool idea, and I definitely support you getting back into programming. It looks from the sprites as if you're emulating the Nokia version?
Interesting Smile

If you need any help with Lua and the Nspire API, I'm ready to help Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Seems like a cool idea, and I definitely support you getting back into programming. It looks from the sprites as if you're emulating the Nokia version?

Yeah I am wanting to make it as close to the original as possible.
ParkerR wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The Nokia version was by FAR not the original snake; it's probably just familiar to you because it may have been the first version you played. The first arcade versions of snake were apparently published in the mid-1970s.
KermMartian wrote:
ParkerR wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The Nokia version was by FAR not the original snake; it's probably just familiar to you because it may have been the first version you played. The first arcade versions of snake were apparently published in the mid-1970s.

I meant as close to the original Snake II as possible.
Hmm not to advertise myself but I created a clone for 83+ series: http://ourl.ca/15632

Can't wait to see how this turns out!
(also in my snake game there are no bonus foodies)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours