JoeYoung wrote:
not my fault
The thing that is your fault, though, is that you still didn't start a Your Projects topic about the Pokemon project that Doors CS 7 is busy facilitating. Wink
builderboy2005 wrote:
It's either upgrades, or Netham dropped something

I bet he sneezed in the server's general direction.
tifreak8x wrote:
builderboy2005 wrote:
It's either upgrades, or Netham dropped something

I bet he sneezed in the server's general direction.
Depending on the volume of the sneeze, that could indeed be the problem, if it shorted out the server. Very Happy I had the weirdest dream that I dunked my laptop in water to clean it, but forgot to take the battery out first. I have the weirdest subconscious. :/
Oh Netham. He can't leave for a while without his server crashing during his absence. Which might or might not be misconfiguration.

O silly lobster, wherefore art thou?
Yeah this really sucks. I hope he's not away for a long time?
Eeems told me earlier last night that he was out of town. However, noticing that despite the end of Easter Weekend he's still not back, I'm worrying Omnimaga might be down for several days, if not weeks, because he did go away for weeks before, and given the recent server/software unstability, such downtimes are at risk of happening until he fixes the issue.

Also I doubt he can do much remotely (as in, try to fix the server from his current trip location), because Eeems has tried to contact him, to no avail.

In any case there's here and I might be setting a temporary board soon for the people who absolutely want to post their update on Omni (I'll probably put it in my sig once the normal site is back up so people can retrieve important posts afterward).

Nonetheless this seems to happen more and more lately, and this is certainly not going to help keeping users around (see what happened to United-TI for example)...

EDIT: It appears to be back up, but OmnomIRC seems very unstable. Also it cannot be a server failure, because Rcfreak0's stuff still worked, apparently. I think Netham45 needs to give some access to Eeems and a few others X.x

EDIT 2: Ok apparently it was a DDoS attack (from about an hundred of IP)
oh my how foreboding
that is not how foreboding is used in english, unless you are hinting at foreknowledge of future problems.

and yes, omni was, and is again now, being made the subject of a DDoS attack.
Hehe, at first, I was going to just suggest that maybe it was your users trying to get back on the server Razz But, if it still seems to be getting attacked, then it probably is :/ Good luck with everything
shmibs wrote:
that is not how foreboding is used in english, unless you are hinting at foreknowledge of future problems.

Are you sure? The only place I saw that was DJ_O's surmise that that was the problem. Did someone grep the logs and grok the attack? Smile
netham is around and has been doing his best to keep it online, so, unless he is wrong, that is what is happening.
shmibs wrote:
netham is around and has been doing his best to keep it online, so, unless he is wrong, that is what is happening.
I see, thanks for the point of clarification. Well, I hope things get better soon; in the meantime, there's another fairly different but still welcoming forum that is glad you share your time with us as well. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
shmibs wrote:

Are you sure? The only place I saw that was DJ_O's surmise that that was the problem. Did someone grep the logs and grok the attack? Smile

They're running IIS, so no grep.
allynfolksjr wrote:
They're running IIS, so no grep.

Depends on whether it's Windows by choice or necessity. Every Windows system I use regularly has most of the standard Unix userland tools and a replacement Console program (because a Windows console application window has the worst interface imaginable). Wink
shmibs wrote:

Synonyms. Adjective. Ominous.

Foreknowledge is not implicit of this word.

Grammar Nazi fail.
JoeYoung wrote:
shmibs wrote:

Synonyms. Adjective. Ominous. Foreknowledge is not implicit of this word. Grammar Nazi fail.
Except that Foreboding is a noun, not an adjective. Pedantic Troll fail.

Elfprince: So they turn IIS into wannabe Linux? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
shmibs wrote:
in the meantime, there's another fairly different but still welcoming forum that is glad you share your time with us as well. Wink

TI-Freakware? Razz
juju2143 wrote:
O silly lobster, wherefore art thou?
Wherefore art he what? Or are you just asking why he is? Like why he exists? I blame his parents.
Parser Padwan wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
shmibs wrote:
in the meantime, there's another fairly different but still welcoming forum that is glad you share your time with us as well. Wink

TI-Freakware? Razz

Silly Snail. haha.
foreboding is almost never used as an adjective, but it can be. when used as such, it is a description of something that forebodes, or indicates that problems are to be had in the future. since that does not seem readily apparent from the situation, it would mean that joeyoung knows something that the rest of us do not.

also, it is implicit in, or implicated/implied by Razz
Parser Padawan wrote:
TI-Freakware? :p

there's always maxcoderz. tr1p1ea just posted a very nice mode7 engine =)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours