KermMartian wrote:
Oh. :/ There's no other lib you can use?

of course there is (somewhere), but the problem is finding one thats CROSS-PLATFORM (and then trying to set it up to autoconf/automake)

elfprince: there's no reason it can't be built as a library, thats fine, so long as it can be built as a library on all platforms needed (msw, osx, *nix)
Ok, that makes sense. Because, yes, intercompatibility is KEY. Smile
wxWidgets has a class called wxHTTP, which allows you to set the header (i'm assuming this is what i need)

HOWEVER, i can't for the life of me get the a thing to connect to a server (this is without setting a header, i mean i can't get a data stream at all)

I'll keep playing around with it, but the developer log/to do list does say "wxFTP and wxHTTP need to be update (both are broken)" - which doesn't look too good, lol

I also found an "addon" per se for wxWidgets called wxHTTPEngine, but i get get the sourceforge cvs to work, and the .zip for download is outdated and won't compile
hmm, thats not good....Ill look around, but I cant right now cause Sourceforge is getting censored by our school filter, and I cant use Firefox around the filter cause the Administrator is keeping a personal eye on me this year (I swear I dont know why...)
Just tell me what you want, I can email it to you.
hey kerm, do you know how to use CVS?

Elfprince: Libcurl (which is mainly focused on file downloading) might have something that could be used. snippet from the "quick start" manual:

Code:
 struct curl_slist *headers=NULL;  headers = curl_slist_append(headers, "Content-Type: text/xml");

/* pass our list of custom made headers */  curl_easy_setopt(easyhandle, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, headers);

curl_easy_perform(easyhandle); /* post away! */

curl_slist_free_all(headers); /* free the header list */

I'm gonna try it out soon, if i can get the library/development tools for it setup and such
I know of it, but no idea how to use it.
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17964#17964
glad we were able to work that out. Smile
Hey, I found this, ftp://ftp.wxwindows.org/pub/, my guess is the wxHTTPEngine will be in there somewhere, just need to look around a little
I got nowhere looking in it though. Sad
there is an http class in the wxWidgets source under generic (unzip the latest version and navigate to src/generic)
Yay! Do you think that will be useable?
It looked like it.....my guess is that is the class the HTTPEngine is based off of, but more uptodate
OK, see what you can figure out about it.
wxHTTP, which IS what wxHTTPEngine is based off of - although wxHTTPEngine is developed by a 3rd party and therefore won't be in the wxwidgets ftp, is currently broken - meaning it might work, might not (i can't get it to work for me)

HOWEVER, the wxURL class works GREAT, but you cannot specify the header data sent to the server (which is why i would like the new gCn php script to just use URL paramaters)
Argh, this is frustrating... Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours