So basically your IQ and interests are based on a bell curve, with your height being the mean? Razz
Parser Padwan wrote:
So basically your IQ and interests are based on a bell curve, with your height being the mean? Razz

No, you actually have to take the feet to the power of the inches, (in Comic's case, 36), divide that by the number of posts they have on Cemetech; then, make up a bunch of bullcrap, and post it. It's a pretty advanced formula.
Ah. That makes sense.
_player1537 wrote:
5'7", or 170 cm, if you don't mind adding me to the list Smile
Hehe, in a year, I've grown another inch, too Very Happy 5'8", or 172.2cm.
Ashbad wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
I'm 6'2", but I probably posted that somewhere in here.

Based on your height, your IQ is probably 117, and your favorite color is Green. You like cats, and your favorite music genre is Eurobeat. Therefore your favorite food is also Crabcakes.

But more seriously, wow, we sure have some tall people here.

Great guess on the IQ, I think I last tested at was 116 but that was some internet IQ test and not a pen and paper doctored test. Cats & Eurobeat is a given from the pictures and songs I post. Crabcakes is way off and green, not so much but I don't hate it P:
The problem with those internet tests is that it's too easy to get all the problems right; there's a lot of uncertainty at the upper end of the curve. I'm still 6'4.75", for what it's worth; nice for those of you who grew. And yes, on the whole we're very tall, hence my continued theory that tall people are smart. Wink
The funny thing in my family is that one of my bro was about one feet taller than most people until he turned 18 and I was slightly shorter than most people, yet today I'M taller than my bro. It seems that as years goes by, younger people end up being taller and taller.

As for me I am 6'2 or 3 I think.
6'1", and I want to be on the chart! We should get Tari to remake that for us!
elfprince13 wrote:
Definitely agreed. I think we should get Tari to make more charts for us, actually, after seeing his prowess at them here and in the staff thread.
More charts are ALWAYS beneficial.
elfprince13 wrote:
To continue to bring this even further off-topic, I must mention the How I Met Your Mother episode where Marshall makes a bar graph of his favorite pies and a pie chart of his favorite bars.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
About 6'5" for me too.

there's no way that you're that much taller than me.
/me will have to check again.
DJ_O wrote:
The funny thing in my family is that one of my bro was about one feet taller than most people until he turned 18 and I was slightly shorter than most people, yet today I'M taller than my bro. It seems that as years goes by, younger people end up being taller and taller.

That's actually true; due to changing conditions (Namely better nutrition) people are taller than the previous generation was. (livestrong.org)

To add to the height-intelligence correlation, wikipedia says that tall people are more likely to be smart, although the correlation is weak. This may be due to the Flynn effect, however, and not correlation.
I am 6'3", and I weigh about 180 pounds (though that is after getting married and gaining 40 pounds). It's always confused me when people talk about gaining or losing a pound or two, since it's common for me to weigh 176 and 183 at different points in the same week. I can lose 10 pounds on accident if I don't eat a lot, and then I can turn around and gain accidentally 15 pounds just because I've been eating a good amount (and I don't eat a lot of junk).

... I've always had a bottomless stomach (though that's starting to change a little bit), and now that we are going to have a little girl, I joke that now we can BOTH eat for two Smile ... (the funny thing is that she's about to start showing, and I went from being a stick to having a belly at all)
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Definitely agreed. I think we should get Tari to make more charts for us, actually, after seeing his prowess at them here and in the staff thread.
I've got the source SVG for this chart, so I just need to make a little time to dust it off and add people. Anybody care to compile a list of people who aren't on the chart yet, or will I have to do that myself? Smile

seana11 wrote:
DJ_O wrote:
That's actually true; due to changing conditions (Namely better nutrition) people are taller than the previous generation was.
We discussed this a little a few pages back, too. Useful to get something that's a bit more official than my idle speculation, though.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
To continue to bring this even further off-topic, I must mention the How I Met Your Mother episode where Marshall makes a bar graph of his favorite pies and a pie chart of his favorite bars.
Hehe, one of my favorite scenes:

I'm still ~5'10", btw.

KermMartian wrote:
And yes, on the whole we're very tall, hence my continued theory that tall people are smart. Wink
I'm still claiming that's just correlation. But maybe that's the average-height in me talking.
Tari wrote:
[. . .]
Anybody care to compile a list of people who aren't on the chart yet, or will I have to do that myself? Smile

I would do it, but I'm afraid that most people have grown in height, and that you would have to redo them anyways. If that's not a problem, I can get what people's heights were before your most recent chart, and then what they are now, as well as the new people.
We should just add a new field to the profile and autogen it Wink
I believe that I am 5' 8" atm, and still growing.
That reminds me, I want to replace the ICQ field with a Twitter field. Smile I thought about Facebook, but I don't think that's appropriate for a programming community. Shkaboinka: I'm almost exactly the opposite. I've weighed 150lb on the dot for many a year, and no matter how much I eat or starve, I seem to only vary 2 pounds +/- from that weight. I only pray that I can always maintain that despite not specifically trying to watch my diet that carefully.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours