gbl08ma wrote:
I propose that general add-ins should not set the clock speed themselves, but instead have the users do it - even because certain users may not be OK with overclocking their calcs. And if a certain software must overclock to work, then add a warning which explicitly explains that the user must overclock the calc using Pover (or any other tool which may be developed in the future, at their choice), and then optionally also offers to do the overclocking.

I actually disagree. I think not only should they set it if needed, but should be regulated when the add-in starts and is interrupted. Non-overclocked add-ins should also lock in at 58MHz at the beginning if they don't want to be affected by Pover. I'll work on a set of routines to make all of this a lot easier.
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Me too. It says something like, "Not enough memory". It also changes the speed back to the original. I like keeping at 94.3

It's seems that it happens AFTER level 16

hm, for me it comes after I beat all the levels, and when I try to go into it again it gives me the same message, but once I run another app and do it it works. Question
@krazylegodrummer56 : Thank you for testing, I'm searching my mistake, please keep giving me all informations you can find about that.

@Spenceboy98 : Ok, I've juste updated, now it restore the speed on quit as it was before launching Gravity Duck.
Quote:
I propose that general add-ins should not set the clock speed themselves, but instead have the users do it - even because certain users may not be OK with overclocking their calcs. And if a certain software must overclock to work, then add a warning which explicitly explains that the user must overclock the calc using Pover (or any other tool which may be developed in the future, at their choice), and then optionally also offers to do the overclocking.

Hmm, tricky situation... Here are my views:

Say you take your Prizm and use it for actual math (maybe). You are on the batteries most of the time, but play games on it a lot when connected to the USB so that the battery stays ok. Now, if you get an add-in and play it without USB power and it overclocks without letting you know or it doesn't revert the frequency, you would make good friends with battery suppliers (unless you use rechargeable, in that case, you make better friends with your power company).

I am not saying that add-ins should not change it themselves, I am saying thing that the add-in should make the user aware right from the start that the Prizm will be running at a higher speed and should return the FRQCR, FLLFRQ, and PLLFRQ the way it found them.

<back-on-topic>

The game looks good! I haven't played it myself, but keep up the good work! The Prizm should enjoy having add-ins that are artistic and colorful (unless you are craving for retro games (raptor) ).
It only display's the error message at level 18 and after. So, if you try to go to the main menu at level 18 or higher, it will display the error message. Before level 18, you can go to the main menu and play the other levels just fine.
Another note: if you get the error message you have to delete the file 'GravityD.sav' to get rid of the error message.
Memory leak problem is solved Wink
+1 internet to you, my friend Very Happy
PierrotLL wrote:
Memory leak problem is solved Wink
Huzzah! I'm going to keep nagging you to upload this program to the Cemetech archives, by the way, since I never saw your response earlier.
KermMartian wrote:
Huzzah! I'm going to keep nagging you to upload this program to the Cemetech archives, by the way, since I never saw your response earlier.

While it's a beta, I prefer upload it only in one place, it's easier for updates. But I promise I'll post the final release on Cemetech Smile
Do you guys want Gravity Duck 2 too ?

Razz
yes!
Nah, I don't really like having fun, well-written games to play on my Prizm. Wink
Of course we would ever since I got Pover I have beat the first one a couple of times so DEFFINATLY! Smile Smile Smile
Of course we would ever since I got Pover I have beat the first one a couple of times so DEFFINATLY! Smile Smile Smile
*Definitely. Wink That reminds me, I assume Gravity Duck is using built-in overclocking now? Are you using the code formulation that lets the games save and restore the clock speed to whatever it was before they ran?
Yup, And If the user's speed is above 94.3MHz, It'll use it.
KermMartian wrote:
*Definitely. Wink That reminds me, I assume Gravity Duck is using built-in overclocking now? Are you using the code formulation that lets the games save and restore the clock speed to whatever it was before they ran?

Yes, the game overclock the calc to 94.3MHZ only if the actual speed is lower, and at quit it restore the speed as it was before launching. Smile

About Gravity Duck 2, the flash game is a little less fun (easier and the urban environment is less beautiful than the lush jungle) but the game engine is very similar so it requires little work.
Well, it sounds like it would be a good addition to our growing library of Prizm games anyway. Smile
Another huge bump but I took the version on Planet Casio which was already modified to support the FX-CG50 and fixed a possible bug where the volatile keyword was missing in key_down. When I built it, before adding volatile keyword the program froze after the title screen. I don't know how much or if the version on Planet Casio is impacted but the one on my Github does not have the issue. I also made some improvements to reduce malloc usage because I thought the reason it was crashing was due to the numerous malloc calls this program makes. I was wrong but the improvements are still good. Another change that I made was disabling all overclocking code. This lets you decide how much or if you want it overclocked. You can use the excellent PTune2 program for this.

https://github.com/ComputerNerd/gravity-duck-prizm
Thanks for your work. Very Happy
It works well on the CG50.
The speed of CG50 (about 40 fps) is just right. Razz
sentaro21, Thank you for testing these updates on your fx-CG50. Also I see that you made PTune2. I know I already recommended your application in just a post above but I cannot help but mention again how helpful of an add-in it is. I use it almost every-time I use my calculator. It works really well with Gravity Duck.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours