Yay! I can't wait. I have the need for speed.
The current CPU clock rate does indeed affect the serial transmission rate, so you absolutely have to clock two calculators to the same speed to have successful overclocked serial communication.
Ashbad way to go! Keep up the great work. This is the Prizm's time to shine, keep discovering.
Edit: yay 200th post!
KermMartian wrote:
The current CPU clock rate does indeed affect the serial transmission rate, so you absolutely have to clock two calculators to the same speed to have successful overclocked serial communication.
The question now is there a way to unlink them via another pll or similar? If so that would be very useful, and allow things like FXTerm to support multiple baud rates.
I have a quick question:
When we have sufficient information allowing us to actually use the link ports during an add-in, wouldn't it be easy to set the cpu back to normal speed so it will transfer normally? Also this should work say a linking program sets the speed to 87mhz and another prizm is set at the same speed shouldn't it still send? Finally has any information about the link ports been found?
We already have more than enough information to use the serial port effectively and at many different speeds and with different settings inside add-ins. I have a full set of information on the link port. Yes, two calculators set at 87MHz would happily chat.
TheStorm wrote:
... If so that would be very useful, and allow things like FXTerm to support multiple baud rates.

FXTerm could support standard communication speeds without over/underclocking CPU. It can be easily added.
I hope I will work on it next weekend.
BTW: do we have some cool (= small and useful) menu system for Prizm ?
I created more fonts for FXTerm, so user could choose one. But the menu is missing and I would like to not implement one if there is one already.
MPoupe wrote:

BTW: do we have some cool (= small and useful) menu system for Prizm ?

simon has developed a tree menu library, demo -> http://3wo.zo.sl.pt
New update (1.2) ready. Check the first post for the link.

You can clock up to 94.3 MHz safely, but you can technically go up to 101.5 MHz, and a CPU rate of 1/2. Changing the CPU rate isn't highly advised, but you can do it and most add-ins will work correctly. HOWEVER, changing the FREQ to 101.5 MHz, will likely result in Pover crashing the calculator upon pressing EXIT. I will note here, I am not responsible for any damage caused by overclocking when the warning there is given, but I put it there to do so at your very own risk, at many requests.

The other values are just for monitoring the other Bus clock values. Most users can simply ignore them; but, if your calculator is suddenly acting weirdly, if one of these values is not marked "(NORM)" (besides the ICLK and FREQ), post a screenshot if possible, and what happened, in this thread.

So, decent update; next one will likely involve a Kermified GUI or something. As for functionality, this is probably as far as it'll need to go, but who knows, I might make more discoveries.

EDIT: fun fact -- I was able to exit Pover without crashing at the very unsafe setting of 101.5MHz base with 1/2 CPU division, one time only. I played gravity duck at around 28 FPS Smile
Doesn't it normally run around 2 FPS? Shock Also, I think what we need to do is somehow keep the memory clock speed lower while increasing the CPU clock speed, if that's possible. Are there settings for that?
helder7 wrote:
simon has developed a tree menu library, demo -> http://3wo.zo.sl.pt
Are sources available somewhere ?
I'm currently thinking of yet another update today, after AHelper has told me of how the CPU speed is based also on the FLL multiplication ratio. On the Prizm, it's apparently set to 900x normally, but AHelper was able to get it to 1024x. Pover will likely replace the ICLK division changer with something allowing the FLL value to be changed. AHelper has a version he modded to do this, so while I can figure it out on my own, I've spent many hours the past few days doing Prizm hacking and I need a slight break, so instead of going through and re-figuring it out myself, I'll use what he already successfully got when he returns later today, I'll merge Pover 1.2 with his modded version, title it Pover 1.3, and upload to the Archives with AHelper added as an author, in both the archives entry and the README. Thanks for figuring that out, AHelper!
And when I get home this evening, I hope to work out the graphics. Since it's not a simple sliding scale of frequencies anymore, I'm not entirely sure how the interface should look, but I shall continue to ponder.
KermMartian wrote:
And when I get home this evening, I hope to work out the graphics. Since it's not a simple sliding scale of frequencies anymore, I'm not entirely sure how the interface should look, but I shall continue to ponder.

Great stuff! Looks like we'll have a total of 4 authors contributing to this in the end. The sliding tool seems like a nice idea, even still; Perhaps one slider for the PLL circuit (the one that corresponds to the base frequencies currently, and another for the FLL multiplication rate?
101MHz means for me instant crash with "unSAGE`FrGS/DIV Value" Mesaage
Eiyeron wrote:
101MHz means for me instant crash with "unSAGE`FrGS/DIV Value" Mesaage

Indeed, because it's an unsafe value Wink use at your own risk!
So, why putting it in a utilitary Program?
Eiyeron wrote:
So, why putting it in a utilitary Program?

Well, I got many requests from people here to put it in just for the fun of it, so I did; at least I put a warning in about it! Laughing
FOr me, even the warning message soen't WORK XD
Eiyeron wrote:
FOr me, even the warning message soen't WORK XD

Wait, you mean it crashes before the warning appears? Just curious, is this a CG-10 or CG-20? It works just fine on my CG-10, until I exit the Add-in with MENU.

Hmm, maybe the 101.5 MHz needed more testing before being included in Pover... Oh well, maybe by 1.3 later today I'll figure out what exactly happened.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours