Pover

The Prizm can finally be overclocked, or underclocked, at will! Want to play a game faster? Want to slow down operations to save your battery life a bit? Now you can overclock up to 87MHz, or underclock to as low as 3.6 MHz at the touch of a few keys! A very handy, small utility (under 30KB for the add-in), pick it up today and have even more control over your device!

It's not very graphical right now, but functionality wise you can completely control the PLL circuit. UPDATE: Now you can also control the ICLK (CPU clock division ratio) very minimally. Be careful with it though.

Practical Uses:

:: Go to 94.3 MHz, and play Gravity Duck with no timing issues, and a good framerate
:: Slow down to 43 MHz during the day in school, to save your battery even more
:: Play your BASIC games faster!
:: Fix your speed quickly if an add-in tampers with the speed in a non-courteous way
:: Go down to 3.6 MHz on your friend's calculator to play a mean little joke Cool

Download
[Casio Prizm] Pover 1.2
Very nice! Been waiting for this.

I never thought of underclocking a calculator but now that you mention it, I may do it.

Question: Is this like the fx-9860's overclocking utility that would make some addins not work?
flyingfisch wrote:

Question: Is this like the fx-9860's overclocking utility that would make some addins not work?

I have tested it with just about every add-in that exists right now, and all of them work -- except faster/slower based on the setting. And based on what I saw from the 9860's version, it's a lot safer (setting the frequency won't destroy your main memory, since it doesn't need to reset the device).
Ashbad wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

I have tested it with just about every add-in that exists right now, and all of them work -- except faster/slower based on the setting. And based on what I saw from the 9860's version, it's a lot safer (setting the frequency won't destroy your main memory, since it doesn't need to reset the device).

Actually, the revolutionFX one didn't reset the device. But that's cool. I just tested it too. Man, you can get a lot more speed out of BASIC games with it!

And 3.6Mhz is funny... you can watch screen refresh Very Happy
HUm...

*YAHOOOOO*
Great work! Very great work!
Now the Prizm will be a fair concurrent facing to CAS CX...
Eiyeron wrote:
HUm...

*YAHOOOOO*

All we need is a CAS... :-,
Eiyeron wrote:
HUm...

*YAHOOOOO*

Well, it's still not quite at the same processing speed even at 87MHz, but brijohn claims that we can crank some more speed by decimating the ICLK division ratio, so I'll test that later today (and if I have good findings, I'll post them here, possibly with an updated Pover)
Ashbad wrote:
Eiyeron wrote:
HUm...

*YAHOOOOO*

Well, it's still not quite at the same processing speed even at 87MHz, but brijohn claims that we can crank some more speed by decimating the ICLK division ratio, so I'll test that later today (and if I have good findings, I'll post them here, possibly with an updated Pover)

Cool Cool
flyingfisch wrote:
Eiyeron wrote:
HUm...

*YAHOOOOO*

All we need is a CAS... :-,
Actually, we already have one, in a sense. The CAS inside of Graph3DP is being used to generate numbers in Graph3DP, but it also can do symbolic manipulation.
O RLY?
Great work indeed!
I want to work back on my projects! :p
The sun is shining bright on casio calculator programmers today! Thank you ashbad for making my day great!

I really like not sucking battery power for routine things like square roots.

@Kerm: Also, that CAS will do symbolic manipulation? Are you planning on making a CAS then after your grapher?

I really need to learn C.... :-\
HAve you got a IM client like skype Or MSN? I'm on them
Eiyeron wrote:
Why not jump on IRC, #cemetech on irc.efnet.net?

flyingfisch wrote:
@Kerm: Also, that CAS will do symbolic manipulation? Are you planning on making a CAS then after your grapher?
It already does symbolic manipulation inside, then plugs in the values for X and Y and simplifies down to a single Z. It can (once I fix the parser) work with arbitrary functions and already can handle arbitrary variables. It's AHelper's gCAS2, so he has the last word on what it can and cannot do and what it might do in the future, but he/we/me definitely plan to have a working symbolic CAS at some point in the future.
KermMartian wrote:
Eiyeron wrote:

Why not?
Eiyeron wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Eiyeron wrote:

Why not?

Sure, would you be able to teach me C for prizm?
If I got time, and clear ideas, sure!
This is going further offtopic, but fisch, me and Zeldaking are working on a book about learning C for the Prizm: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7591&start=0 You could request the first 2 or so chapters from us if you need them (though they're mostly just setting things up/hello world)
Eiyeron wrote:
If I got time, and clear ideas, sure!

Cool, some time during spring break i will have more time to do this.

Ashbad wrote:
This is going further offtopic, but fisch, me and Zeldaking are working on a book about learning C for the Prizm: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7591&start=0 You could request the first 2 or so chapters from us if you need them (though they're mostly just setting things up/hello world)

I think i may wait until you have more chapters done... how long do you guys think it will take? Because I have already done hello world....
whooo, great news!!!

i will test it with the CGplayer jpg based, in this moment it only runs at 2 fps
Great news indeed Smile
At 87 MHz, Gravity Duck displays at 23 FPS.
Raptor and Pong run way faster - they are also much harder to play.
In Tetrizm, the pieces fall at the same speed (the speed it RTC controlled I think). But if you press the down key to drop them faster, you'll see the speed is faster too.
Graphics and dynamic graphics render faster too. But I still find them to be too slow. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours