er, i'm afraid I don't buy the book. the shipping costs are $12,95, which is too expensive imo.
aeTIos wrote:
er, i'm afraid I don't buy the book. the shipping costs are $12,95, which is too expensive imo.
That's the international European shipping from the US. Smile Hopefully when it's published there will be a European distributor or two, which would presumably lower the shipping.
*bump* Chapters 8 and 9 are now outlined, which means Part I is completely written and Part II is completely planned. Once my editor and I discuss my completed Chapter 7, I'll have half of Part II complete and the text will therefore be more than half written. In terms of length, I'm already easily 2/3rds of the way to a complete draft.
At least they do not charge $40-50 for shipping to Canada. That's what most people charged me on Ebay when buying TI calcs...
50% off today only with code dotd0312tw from Manning. Huzzah.

http://tinyurl.com/8384book
Ordered. Looking forward to seeing some code snippets reused from the BASIC Elite. That makes me an author now, right?
jpez wrote:
Ordered. Looking forward to seeing some code snippets reused from the BASIC Elite. That makes me an author now, right?
I'm sorry to say that I'm not reusing anything from the BASIC Elite other than checking it over to make sure I'm not missing any of the major optimization tricks, although I don't have space to include some of the minor ones. And I'm sorry to say that I'm advocating the use of the colon to separate commands, even though I know you don't personally like that. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
jpez wrote:
I'm sorry to say that I'm not reusing anything from the BASIC Elite other than checking it over to make sure I'm not missing any of the major optimization tricks, although I don't have space to include some of the minor ones. And I'm sorry to say that I'm advocating the use of the colon to separate commands, even though I know you don't personally like that. Smile

Blasphemy! Canceling my order.
Heh, and thanks for the feedback so far on the author forum. I'll look forward to much more.
Wow, I can't believe it. You should have wrote this 10yrs ago. Just Joking I am so happy to see that a book is going to be available for readers. You are doing a wonderful job with it so far. Keep up the good work. I can't even afford a new calc yet but when my wife finishes school this semester hopefully that will all change. Smile I Can't wait t see the rest of the book.
I wish I had had the time, knowledge, and experience to write this ten years ago. Well, I still don't have the time, but you get my point. Wink Your encouragement means a lot to me; I'm glad you like it so far! As I mentioned higher up, I'm on the tenth chapter and have in the tens of pages left to write on the first manuscript draft, so I'm very happy about how this is progressing.
I totally probably should have read the whole thing and used the discount before jumping to the checkout and buying it.... ah well Smile
swivelgames wrote:
I totally probably should have read the whole thing and used the discount before jumping to the checkout and buying it.... ah well Smile
Nah, those discount codes are no longer valid anyway; they were short promotions. Smile Thanks very much for grabbing it; I look forward to any feedback you might be able to provide and hope you enjoy it! I know you're a busy man with work and family, though, so I won't hold you to any unrealistic expectations.
KermMartian wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Nah, those discount codes are no longer valid anyway; they were short promotions. Smile Thanks very much for grabbing it; I look forward to any feedback you might be able to provide and hope you enjoy it! I know you're a busy man with work and family, though, so I won't hold you to any unrealistic expectations.
Definitely! I'm proud to own a copy of it Very Happy

I'll pass along my thoughts and critiques when I can ^^,

Thanks for the book! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours