My mom is a bit paranoid, and wants parental controls on the Browsers I use for Linux. So I found a good one for Google Chrome and Firefox. I need one for opera that blocks mostly naughty sites, Nudity etc, and it password protected. The password protection is the hold up. I am using LInux, so that also cuts out like half of the opera extensions.

Thanks in Advance.
You could try looking at DansGuardian. Also, this.
souvik1997 wrote:
You could try looking at DansGuardian.

DansGuardian is actually pretty crap, or was back when I was in high school. It never took me more than a minute or two to hack around it on the school computers. Quite honestly, there is not a real technical solution to internet filtering. Install adblock plus to clean up your browsing on legitimate sites and invite her to have a conversation with you about what her expectations for your internet usage are.
Um, refuse to self-censor yourself?
allynfolksjr wrote:
As opposed to self-censoring someone else?
merthsoft wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
As opposed to self-censoring someone else?

Exactly.
I would nikky. But it is either have filters or lose internet. If i refuse she throwa my pc in storage. So. Ya. No going to happen. And if dans gaurdian is hackable that fast. Its perfect. As long as it makes my mom happy
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I would nikky. But it is either have filters or lose internet. If i refuse she throwa my pc in storage. So. Ya. No going to happen. And if dans gaurdian is hackable that fast. Its perfect. As long as it makes my mom happy

Haha, my mom has the same prob with me. I use DansGuardian.
I will check out DansGaurdian. thanks all.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours