I was really interested into making a legitimate pokemon game for the Casio Prizm. So I was looking through some (alot) of Pokemon sprites. I think this would be doable in C, running at 15 fps would be fast enough for Pokemon. Because of my problems with the sdk, and limited Prizm C coder (I know C++ so I would learn fast), I was hoping to form a team, maybe 3 or 4 coders working on this. Since summer is coming up and we could get going fast during no school. I am wanting to do this as a learning experience and because I need something to do on my spare time. Any comments, concerns? Please say if your interested.
Thanks
zeldaking wrote:
I was really interested into making a legitimate pokemon game for the Casio Prizm. So I was looking through some (alot) of Pokemon sprites. I think this would be doable in C, running at 15 fps would be fast enough for Pokemon. Because of my problems with the sdk, and limited Prizm C coder (I know C++ so I would learn fast), I was hoping to form a team, maybe 3 or 4 coders working on this. Since summer is coming up and we could get going fast during no school. I am wanting to do this as a learning experience and because I need something to do on my spare time. Any comments, concerns? Please say if your interested.
Thanks

first of all, it wouldn't be "legitimate" Razz

still, best of luck. I'd join your team if I had a Prizm.
Hmm, I actually think Eiyeron was starting to work on this -- I remember I was helping him make a 16-color palette-based image converter for his "Secret Pokemon Project". He hasn't posted anything about it yet, but you could always ping him and see how far he's gotten.
humm is possible port this? http://casigo.de/index.php?module=detail&m=3&t=1&q=pokemon&cid=795

with some sprites ...
Ashbad wrote:
Hmm, I actually think Eiyeron was starting to work on this -- I remember I was helping him make a 16-color palette-based image converter for his "Secret Pokemon Project". He hasn't posted anything about it yet, but you could always ping him and see how far he's gotten.

way to keep a secret
JoeYoung wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

way to keep a secret

way to write a useless post

I honestly think that he doesn't care if it's secret or not -- it's not like I've seen much of anything besides some code for graphical routines or sprite data. He'd probably love any help he could get.
I vote someone sent Eiyeron a PM and point him to this thread so he can contribute his two cents first-hand.
JoeYoung wrote:

first of all, it wouldn't be "legitimate" Razz

legitimate meaning with actual pokemon sprites and gameplay.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours