I have recently begun working on porting my crappy little Windows program from the TI-86 to the Casio Prizm.

Here are a few screen shots of it. It's in the very beginning stages and all you can do so far is open the "Stop" menu:

Looks fairly good!
It looks still weird to me, the colors. (after so many years b/w only Razz)
Thanks! This is my main "play-around" project for when I am bored.

At first, the whole thing was in monochrome, but I added in some colors to brighten it up a bit. I couldn't think of too many so I'm afraid the calculator icon will have to be yellow. Oh well...
Heh, looks like a fun project. Is this all in BASIC, or is there some C involved as well? Do you plan to make this a real shell at some point, or will you have it pre-programmed with the names of programs it can run?
-G-o-o-d- EXCELLENT! This means that this is officially the second windows-like shell for the PRIZM! Good luck, :calc:ulator. And please do continue the great progress. Windows CG10 was my "play around with" program for when I was bored in class. Now its (almost) completely translated to English, and has a real working file system. However, it's still VERY slow! But it's something fun to play around with. Very Happy
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! This is a simple little Windows thing I'm making to play around with when I'm bored. I made one on the TI-86 too. If you'd like it, I'll have to see if I can find a copy. I think there's one in some archive on the internet.

This is all in BASIC, no C I'm afraid. It works a lot like the TI-86 one I made earlier--it loads pictures onto the graph screen for things like the Desktop, "Stop" menu, and other windows. It only uses up 4 or 5 pictures. While it's kind of cheesy to just recall a picture, it seems to work and perform faster than drawing it from the program on the graph screen.

Like other BASIC shells, this won't be all that useful for practical purposes. Maybe, when I'm done, I'll implement "special" features from the TI-86 edition such as "Auto-Crash", "Vex-Evil Antivirus", and "Internet Exploder" to "enhance" the calculator Windows experience. But it's still funny to play around with. Guess it makes a good toy. Smile
Heh, as many of you may know, Doors CS first started as a BASIC shell called Doors XP (see the DCS version history), so I am less qualified than most to be judgmental about BASIC shells. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours