Hello,

I need to do some asm stuff for the ti 84+ and 83+ for school, and therefor i was wondering wether it would be possible to read out the device id of the calculator with an asm program or an app. I've looked through the memory adresses in ti83plus.inc and couldn't find anything.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!
I'm sorry if my english isn't very good, cause i'm German.

Kind regards, BlubbBlobb Very Happy
For school, eh? Z80 ASM in schools... Must be a wonderful place you go to. But I digress. What you're looking for is a bcall named _GetCalcSerial, documented at http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:BCALLs:807E. As it might not be in ti83plus.inc, you may also want to know that the bcall's equate is 807Eh.
It sounds like he may be interested in making programs that are tied to a particular calculator, and thus for which he hopes to charge his users. That is indeed the correct BCall, of course; CALCnet uses that to determine the current calculator's 10-nibble ID.
Yeah! Thanks calcdude84se and KermMartian, that's exactly what i needed to know (Haven't found the thank button yet), it was indeed a question intended to design a copyright protection system for the ti, but it's only theoretical.
And it was for school!! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours