So I am trying to make an add-in for the Prizm, but I am confused. I made all my code and made the selected and unselected BMP. But now I am lost. I was told to copy the project folder into my own folder which I did. Next I tried to run the "clean" batch file but it didn't work. So I tried to run the "make" batch file, but again it didn't work saying "the system could not find the path specified". I read the Prizm wiki for some help but it didn't help me. Can somebody walk me through this process?
Thanks.
Oh this might help. This is what is in my Project folder.
Src -Folder
clean -Batch file
Icon_S -BMP file
Icon_U -BMP file
make -Batch file
Makefile -File
Makefile.old -OLD file
Put your source inside and outside the source folder. That's what I do.
I'm going to start out by asking which SDK version you have, what your makefile looks like, and what your make.bat looks like.
-PrizmSDK-0.3
-The Makefile looks like a blank page with its upper right corner folded in.
-The make.bat looks like two gears; 1 is bigger than the other and it is a rectangle edged in blue.
http://www.veryicon.com/icons/system/rhor-v2-part-3/batch-file.html
That picture is similair except it is flat.
zeldaking wrote:
-PrizmSDK-0.3
-The make.bat looks like two gears; 1 is bigger than the other and it is a rectangle edged in blue.

I'm sure that Ashbad means the contents of both files, not the physical description of the icons.
Reo wrote:
zeldaking wrote:
-PrizmSDK-0.3

I'm sure that Ashbad means the contents of both files, not the physical description of the icons.

Yep, exactly this. The contents are all that are important to me in helping you.
What do you mean the contents? The batch file is just that, it contains nothing. Whenever I run it it says "the system could not find the path specified". I am confused.
zeldaking wrote:
What do you mean the contents? The batch file is just that, it contains nothing. Whenever I run it it says "the system could not find the path specified". I am confused.

Batch files are script files. Try to open it in Notepad or some other file editor.
Reo wrote:
zeldaking wrote:

Batch files are script files. Try to open it in Notepad or some other file editor.

Do the same with the Makefile as well. Simply open it in Notepad, Ctrl-A Ctrl-C, and copy it here between [ code] [ /code] tags.
Ahh okay, thanks Reo.
----Make.bat----

Code:

..\..\bin\make.exe %*
pause

---Make file---

Code:

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Clear the implicit built in rules
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.SUFFIXES:
# Set toolchain location in an environment var for future use, this will change
# to use a system environment var in the future.
ifeq ($(strip $(FXCGSDK)),)
export FXCGSDK := $(abspath ../../)
endif

include $(FXCGSDK)/common/prizm_rules

# TARGET is the name of the output
# BUILD is the directory where object files & intermediate files will be placed
# SOURCES is a list of directories containing source code
# INCLUDES is a list of directories containing extra header files
TARGET      :=   $(notdir $(CURDIR))
BUILD      :=   build
SOURCES      :=   src
DATA      :=   data 
INCLUDES   :=

# options for code and add-in generation

MKG3AFLAGS := -n basic:example -i uns:../unselected.bmp -i sel:../selected.bmp

CFLAGS   = -Os -Wall $(MACHDEP) $(INCLUDE)
CXXFLAGS   =   $(CFLAGS)

LDFLAGS   = $(MACHDEP) -T$(FXCGSDK)/common/prizm.ld -Wl,-static -Wl,-gc-sections

# any extra libraries we wish to link with the project
LIBS   :=   -lfxcg -lgcc

# list of directories containing libraries, this must be the top level containing
# include and lib
LIBDIRS   :=

# no real need to edit anything past this point unless you need to add additional
# rules for different file extensions
ifneq ($(BUILD),$(notdir $(CURDIR)))

export OUTPUT   :=   $(CURDIR)/$(TARGET)

export VPATH   :=   $(foreach dir,$(SOURCES),$(CURDIR)/$(dir)) \
               $(foreach dir,$(DATA),$(CURDIR)/$(dir))

export DEPSDIR   :=   $(CURDIR)/$(BUILD)

# automatically build a list of object files for our project
CFILES      :=   $(foreach dir,$(SOURCES),$(notdir $(wildcard $(dir)/*.c)))
CPPFILES   :=   $(foreach dir,$(SOURCES),$(notdir $(wildcard $(dir)/*.cpp)))
sFILES      :=   $(foreach dir,$(SOURCES),$(notdir $(wildcard $(dir)/*.s)))
SFILES      :=   $(foreach dir,$(SOURCES),$(notdir $(wildcard $(dir)/*.S)))
BINFILES   :=   $(foreach dir,$(DATA),$(notdir $(wildcard $(dir)/*.*)))

# use CXX for linking C++ projects, CC for standard C
ifeq ($(strip $(CPPFILES)),)
   export LD   :=   $(CC)
else
   export LD   :=   $(CXX)
endif

export OFILES   :=   $(addsuffix .o,$(BINFILES)) \
               $(CPPFILES:.cpp=.o) $(CFILES:.c=.o) \
               $(sFILES:.s=.o) $(SFILES:.S=.o)

# build a list of include paths
export INCLUDE   :=   $(foreach dir,$(INCLUDES), -iquote $(CURDIR)/$(dir)) \
               $(foreach dir,$(LIBDIRS),-I$(dir)/include) \
               -I$(CURDIR)/$(BUILD) -I$(LIBFXCG_INC)

# build a list of library paths
export LIBPATHS   :=   $(foreach dir,$(LIBDIRS),-L$(dir)/lib) \
               -L$(LIBFXCG_LIB)

export OUTPUT   :=   $(CURDIR)/$(TARGET)
.PHONY: $(BUILD) clean

$(BUILD):
   @[ -d $@ ] || mkdir $@
   @make --no-print-directory -C $(BUILD) -f $(CURDIR)/Makefile

export CYGWIN := nodosfilewarning
clean:
   $(RM) -fr $(BUILD) $(OUTPUT).bin $(OUTPUT).g3a

else

DEPENDS   :=   $(OFILES:.o=.d)

# main targets
$(OUTPUT).g3a: $(OUTPUT).bin
$(OUTPUT).bin: $(OFILES)

-include $(DEPENDS)

endif

Sorry about my misunderstanding.
well, for that build system in particular, you'll have to rename your icons from Icon_U/Icon_S to unselected/selected (keep as a .bmp though). Other than that, make sure your source folder is named "src", not "Src". Hopefully that should fix your problems.
Am I supposed to have the rebuild.bat? It contains...

Code:

..\..\bin\make.exe clean %*
..\..\bin\make.exe %*
pause

Also is my project folder supposed to be in the PrizmSDK folder?
If he's using Windows, which I'm pretty sure he is, then it doesn't matter whether it's "src" or "Src" or "sRc". It's all the same. It should be:
Code:
PrizmSDK
|- <stuff>
|- projects
|--- Your project folder
|----- src
|------- <all your source files>
(And, of course, any other files that are left out)
Okay thats done, what file do I run now?
It looks like you can double-click "rebuild.bat" and it will do what you want. If not, you can open the command prompt and cd to your directory with your source, and type "make" and hit Enter.
When I run the rebuild.bat here is what happens:

Code:

C:\Windows>..\..\bin\make.exe clean
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Windows>..\..\bin\make.exe
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Windows>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

This is in the command prompt window.
Here's your problem:
Code:
C:\Windows

You need to execute make.bat from your project directory.
So the make.bat isn't supoosed to be in my project folder? Becuase that is were it is at.
_player1537 wrote:
If not, you can open the command prompt and cd to your directory with your source, and type "make" and hit Enter.

How exactly do I do this? Sorry I am not computer smart.
Please don't double post.

You can do this by navigating to the folder (PrizmSDK/projects/YourProject) and click on the "address bar" at the top until it gives you the full name (C:\Users\Zelda\blah\blah\YourProjects), copy that and open a command line (Windows-R "cmd") and type
Code:
cd "<paste here>"
Where <paste here> is when you right click on the command line and select Paste. Then, you type the commands you want to run, like "rebuild".
This is what I copied:

Code:

C:\Users\thacker\Documents\DANNY\Calculator Programs\CASIO\PrizmSDK-0.3.zip\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\PrizmGame

After doing cd <paste> it still says "the system cannot find the filepath specified". Am I doing something wrong? Please help me!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours