I made my own pony. It's me.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1z7w1v.png

http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904
Find it here ^^^^^^^^. Do it. I want to see what you look like as a pony. I couldn't think of what to put as my cutie mark. Smile Laughing

Kerm sez: Here's the deal. The other administrators and I agreed that just as Minecraft talk in #cemetech/SAX is severely frowned upon and we restrict Minecraft talk to the Minecraft topic, let's do the same with pony/MLP stuff.
Cutie Mark? A calculator. Obviously. In fact, make it a prizm!

Either way, fluttershy is better.
I, I have no words.
Kerm sez: Here's the deal. The other administrators and I agreed that just as Minecraft talk in #cemetech/SAX is severely frowned upon and we restrict Minecraft talk to the Minecraft topic, let's do the same with pony/MLP stuff. Remember that we are a programming help and project help and showcase forum, and that our programming and our technology projects are the primary goal of us being here. We have fun with games and music and videos and life, but the main reason we're here is to code and built awesome software and hardware. With that said, carry on being 20% cooler in this thread.
Fair deal, I was both thinking of and partially expecting that to happen Smile Might I ask for any other rules for the thread, though? Probably don't want it getting out of hand with 50 posts in a row just being reaction images, or hater/brony wars (unlikely, but still, just my idea).
Ashbad wrote:
Fair deal, I was both thinking of and partially expecting that to happen Smile Might I ask for any other rules for the thread, though? Probably don't want it getting out of hand with 50 posts in a row just being reaction images, or hater/brony wars (unlikely, but still, just my idea).
A good question. I'll expect you all to follow the same rules that every other Cemetech thread is held to, such as:

* No one-word (or one-picture, or one-video) posts: posts must have constructive, grammatically-correct content.
* No spam
* The same guidelines for balancing freedom of speech with avoidance of egregious personal attacks that apply everywhere else.

Feel free to review the Terms of Service for the Cemetech forum.
Cool beans; now that we have that settled, shall I start the discussion off by asking favorite pony/how many episodes you watched/when you joined the herd?

For me, Fluttershy/Applejack, I'm up to S01E09, and I went brony 1 week ago.
A friend of mine made me watch S01E09, and I thought it was absolutely crazy. I can see why it appeals to older audiences, but I just don't care to watch it.
KermMartian wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
A good question. I'll expect you all to follow the same rules that every other Cemetech thread is held to, such as:

* No one-word (or one-picture, or one-video) posts: posts must have constructive, grammatically-correct content.
* No spam
* The same guidelines for balancing freedom of speech with avoidance of egregious personal attacks that apply everywhere else.

Feel free to review the Terms of Service for the Cemetech forum.

A different way to think of it is - if you keep to the same sort of intelligent, high-level discussion you see in DW/Stargate/whatever threads we'll be happy. If it degrades to image macro spam or flaming, it'll be locked faster than a Phoenix marathon trashes the batteries on your calculator.
Brony for a while now ^^ I think the latest episode (S2E20) is actually one of the best Very Happy
I always wondered why we never see ponies with the less glamorous talents needed for society to function. Why are there no pony morticians? Or pony sanitation workers? Not everyone can be a seamstress or a confectionist. Somepony needs to clean the crap, and somepony needs to stuff the bodies. I wonder what those cutie marks would look like, or how completely anticlimactic and depressing it would be to find out that's what your special talent is.
DShiznit wrote:
I always wondered why we never see ponies with the less glamorous talents needed for society to function. Why are there no pony morticians? Or pony sanitation workers? Not everyone can be a seamstress or a confectionist. Somepony needs to clean the crap, and somepony needs to stuff the bodies. I wonder what those cutie marks would look like, or how completely anticlimactic and depressing it would be to find out that's what your special talent is.

http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=751
I used this a while ago, here are my ponies:

Unarmored:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48491321/AshPony.png

Armored:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48491321/AshPony_Armor.png

And then I went and reskinned a Applejack with bedroom eyes and got:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48491321/ashd_withbg.png
Catgoes, since this is primarily a programming forum, would you be so kind as to introduce yourself and mention your current programming aspirations in our Introduce Yourself thread?
Ashbad wrote:
Cool beans; now that we have that settled, shall I start the discussion off by asking favorite pony/how many episodes you watched/when you joined the herd?

For me, Fluttershy/Applejack, I'm up to S01E09, and I went brony 1 week ago.

I'm somewhere at S2E13 or 15

I like all the ponies and I joined the herd months ago.

Ashbad wrote:

"Joined the herd"? I'm trying not to think of this as a cult but you guys are making it really difficult.

I've seen 3 episodes, including the 2-part pilot. I'm not a "brony," if the term is analogous to "trekkie,"(which I certainly am), but I like the characters and the cliched plots and if I had a little cousin who watched the show I'd certainly watch with her.

Dash is best pony, clearly. How shameful there aren't any real life female fighter pilots outside the IDF(AFAIK).
I don't watch TV aside from ice hockey and the eventual sequel to Mysterious Cities of Gold series.
DShiznit wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

"Joined the herd"? I'm trying not to think of this as a cult but you guys are making it really difficult.

Cult has a dark, dirty sound to it, but in a sense bronies are somewhat part of a cult, except being a brony isn't as life consuming nor dark as other "cults". In fact, it's pretty fun, and a common quote of those who watched the show and didn't like it "don't enjoy it, but with they did, because being a brony seems pretty fun", Which it is turning out to be for me. In fact, instead of calling it a "cult", let's call it a "colt". Smile

As for you, Catgoesmoo2244, welcome to cemetech! Since I want to keep everything pony-related in this thread to keep us fans in good favor around these forums, I'll throw you a hip hip hurray here instead.

Enjoy your stay!
My favorite pony is me.

Interesting stuff you've got there. If you had to pick one (or if you have to, more) of the Mane Six, which would it be? I assume most cool people are Team Fluttershy.

In addition, who here listens to any Brony music at all? It's up my alley in taste, since while Eurobeat/Trance and all their variants aren't my favorite genres of music, they're somewhere up there. I thought that SPB and EurobeatBrony have some cool music.

In addition, I think y'all will enjoy how CollegeHumor represents us.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours