http://edu.casio.com/products/cg_series/fxcg10_20/

According to Casio, this OS update brings automatic parentheses completion, updates the Geometry application, improves the connection function to the Casio projector, improves messages in each language, and improves some functionality.
Thanks for the update info souvik.
This looks like a relatively minor update to me, but I'll still try it out on at least one of my Prizms to see what I can discover. Smile Let's hope it continues to not do anything TI-esque as far as third-party programming goes.
This is rather excellent for when I get time, because I can analyze yet another USB transfer of a slightly different OS.
graphmastur wrote:
This is rather excellent for when I get time, because I can analyze yet another USB transfer of a slightly different OS.
Excellent! I look forward to your analysis and what it will tell us about the OS transfer mechanism.
Cool stuff, but I'm not greatly excited about this release; it doesn't seem to add much, except the parenthesis suffixing. I'm just curious as to what these "other fixed functionalities" are, since I assume they're more technical if they don't state what they are.
Ashbad wrote:
Cool stuff, but I'm not greatly excited about this release; it doesn't seem to add much, except the parenthesis suffixing. I'm just curious as to what these "other fixed functionalities" are, since I assume they're more technical if they don't state what they are.
I'm just hoping it's nothing related to locking down functionality for add-ins or anything along those lines.
KermMartian wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
I'm just hoping it's nothing related to locking down functionality for add-ins or anything along those lines.

Well, I'd really doubt they'd do that, and if they did we'd know; for starters, they'd have to redistribute all three free add-ins they made again which fixed lockdown protection. Plus, they really have more important things to do than worry about us right now; what they're probably thinking of doing first is making a less clunky OS.
FWIW, Falldown still works after updating to 1.04. I might test other add-ins later.
minesweeper, tetrizm, obliterate, game of life, raptor, gravity duck, pong, clock/calender, and password(not the calculator lock one but the password finder) all still work.
So that means my lock has stopped working? Or not? Can someone please confirm my add-in's functionality is not affected at all before I update? (I only have one Prizm and can't risk losing the lock functionality I developed)
I don't use the lock so I didn't know if it did work or not.
I'm happy to read that custom add-ins still run on it. I was worried after some people got answers from Casio about a future SDK saying that they did not plan any SDK in the future due to worries about innapropriate use.
DJ_O wrote:
I'm happy to read that custom add-ins still run on it. I was worried after some people got answers from Casio about a future SDK saying that they did not plan any SDK in the future due to worries about innapropriate use.

No, currently any protection they can implement, we can break, as far as I can tell. The next best thing is to test for all of the add-ons that casio has made, and if the user has them, install the new add-ons in securely. In that way, they can get by with it, but it'd be difficult at best.
hello i recently got the casio prizm fx-cg10 for one reason and that was to do conversions. Well i recently downloaded new things off this web site and when i went back to the home screen on the calculator the conversions button and geometry button were gone. How do i get them back ?If someone could please help me that would be great!!!!!
Welcome to Cemetech, packers! Feel free to Introduce Yourself when you get a chance. Did you delete the Conversions or Geometry add-ins to make room for other add-ins?
you see thats what i dont know. I tried to download a few games and a few math related things and when i was done and wanted to see what i recently downloaded the conversions app on the home screen was gone how would i know if i deleted the old add ins? and how would i get them back?
packers414 wrote:
you see thats what i dont know. I tried to download a few games and a few math related things and when i was done and wanted to see what i recently downloaded the conversions app on the home screen was gone how would i know if i deleted the old add ins? and how would i get them back?
You would know by plugging your Prizm into your computer and seeing what files are in the root (main folder) of the virtual flash drive it creates.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours