Hello world !
I'd like to announce that the "TI-Concours" (TI-Contest in french) has started last week. Smile

What is TI-Concours ?

The TI-Concours is a french contest which was created last year. After a very successful first edition (17 participants, all in high school, only for TI-Basic z80 ! ), this contest has been internationalized and programmers who don't speak french can also participate.
You can't participate if you were born before 1986.

How does it work ?

You can participate with one or several or the following languages :

-> TI-Basic z80
-> Axe
-> TI-Basic 68k

The contest is divided in three parts :

- the first two parts last one week and consist to make the program you are asked to in the best way : you will have instructions to follow, and you will be graded on both the compliance of these instructions and program quality (the first program is a game, and the second one is... something else Razz );
- the last part consists to present on the website one of your projects during 4 weeks, on your personal web page : visitors will be able to watch it and will be able to vote for the program they preferred.

Your score is made in that way : your score for the two first parts * 1 + the number of votes you got * .25 + the score for the last part * 5.

Dates

13/03 to 19/03 : 1st part
27/03 to 02/04 : 2nd part
*holiday time in France*
07/05 to 03/06 : 3rd part

Final results should be given around 16th-17th of June.

Website

The website isn't finished for the moment, still you can subscribe there : http://www.ti-concours.com.
Note that your personal informations won't be published without your authorization.

What can we win ?

Last year the winner (loulou54) won a Nspire CX CAS. This year, the winner in each category win also win a CX CAS. Laughing

Who is judging us ?

I you speak french you can be judge yourself, you just need to subscribe before the end of February.

--------

That's all, I encourage you all to participate, last year I received a lot of good reviews from participants, and I hope this 2nd edition will be as successful ! Very Happy

Noël NADAL.

P.S. : you can see last year's programs here : http://ti-concours.e-monsite.com.

P.S. 2 : I'm not very good in english, sorry if there is some mistakes... Wink

Graphing Calculator
This is indeed the right forum to post in. Before too many of our American colleagues get confused, the dates:

Quote:
13/03 to 19/03 : 1st part (March 13-March 19)
27/03 to 02/04 : 2nd part (March 27-April 2)
*holiday time in France*
07/05 to 03/06 : 3rd part (May 7-June 3)

Can you tell us a little more about the part where you're given instructions? Will you be given an exact game to make, something like that, or just a genre?
Oh yeah sorry, I forgot that the way of counting was different.

Quote:
Can you tell us a little more about the part where you're given instructions? Will you be given an exact game to make, something like that, or just a genre?

1) The first and second part will be imposed subject with a basic list set to complete. These subjects will be given at the last moment (13/03 for the first part, 27/03 for the second). Then If you want have a better rate you need to improved as best as you can but you have to return the program before the deadline (19/03 to the first part, and 02/04 to the second).

2) This third part is just a free project you have to make.

To answer your question, you are given an exact game to make. Smile
This sounds like a lot of fun, then; if I have the time I'll try to participate. Unfortunately, that's unlikely given the amount of stuff I have to do, but I hope other Cemetechians will do so. How many participants do you anticipate, based on previous such contests?
Last year 17 high schoolers participated in TI-Basic z80.
Now there is 12 for TI-Basic z80, 9 for Axe and 2 for TI-Basic 68k, but prizes are not announced yet. Smile
The problem is for older students : I hope more people will subscribe. Wink
This looks interesting. Assuming I'm not drowning in half-finished projects (Hah! I'm always drowning in half-finished projects. It's a question of how many hold my interest at a given time.), I'll consider participating.
It's also a good excuse to brush up my Z80 skills, seeing as I haven't done any calculator programming in quite a while.
That would be cool. Very Happy
Up !
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to announce that the winner in each language will win a TI Nspire CX CAS ! Very Happy
I remind you that you MUST suscribe there to be able to participate : http://www.ti-concours.com/inscription.php or http://www.ti-concours.com/registration.php.
You can suscribe until the 11th of March ! Very Happy
Just to review, if you subscribe by the 11th of March, you have to complete all three sections of the contest in order to win, correct? Also, is this limited to European/French participants, or are US programmers welcome to compete for the prizes?
You can participate even if you are not French or European.
In each category the winner gets a CX CAS. So if you participate in 3 categories then you can win 3 CX CAS. But even if you participate in 1 language you still win one.
Up !
Last day for registering !
More than 40 people have already registered ! Very Happy
- 27 in TI-Basic z80
- 20 in Axe
- 5 in TI-Basic 68k
I have registered! Sadly, I don't know if I'll have the time to devote to this contest that it deserves, but I'll try.
That's great. Smile
I hope you will have time then.
Anyway, the 1st round (and the 2nd one also) are short.
noelthebest wrote:
That's great. Smile
I hope you will have time then.
Anyway, the 1st round (and the 2nd one also) are short.
Out of curiosity, is there a reason that this contest doesn't have a z80 ASM section (unless I missed it or the explanation of why it's missing?).
I've signed up Smile I just hope I'll be able to put together a nice game (And that I won't put it off to the last second)
_player1537 wrote:
I've signed up Smile I just hope I'll be able to put together a nice game (And that I won't put it off to the last second)
Heh, famous last words. Other than Cemetech Contest 8, for which everyone seemed to pace themselves well, the previous seven contests were largely filled with entries planned two months before the deadline and written two days before. Wink
I also registered and I am entering Learn To Fly.
I will maybe add mod support for the arcade mode...
aeTIos wrote:
I also registered and I am entering Learn To Fly.
I will maybe add mod support for the arcade mode...
What's Learn to Fly? Also, the rules for this contest allow you to enter already-released programs? Shock
I haven't released it. Very Happy
Learn to Fly: http://armorgames.com/play/11967/learn-to-fly-2
Hum, nobody asked me to make an ASM category (excepted mdr1, but it was too late).
The rules for this contest allow you to enter already-released programs but your originality score will decrease, so that's not really a great idea... O_o
Well, good luck to everybody ! Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours