elfprince13 wrote:

I recommend you watch it with the Annotations turned on.

It looks like I'm gonna have to slow down the back and side animations and I should neutralize the arm movements on the back one. They look really jerky to me right now.

Also, IMO I don't think forward momentum should trigger the skydiving animation(or it'll trigger with every running jump) but rather it should trigger when terminal velocity is reached.
DShiznit wrote:
It looks like I'm gonna have to slow down the back and side animations and I should neutralize the arm movements on the back one. They look really jerky to me right now.

I don't know if neutralizing them altogether is the right approach, but I agree about the jerkiness.

DShiznit wrote:
Also, IMO I don't think forward momentum should trigger the skydiving animation(or it'll trigger with every running jump) but rather it should trigger when terminal velocity is reached.

hah, yeah, I actually realized this the first time I did a running jump and face-planted. Or maybe if the crouch-trigger is set while falling? That way it is a deliberate choice rather than automatic?
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

hah, yeah, I actually realized this the first time I did a running jump and face-planted. Or maybe if the crouch-trigger is set while falling? That way it is a deliberate choice rather than automatic?

I like this idea. Any chance I could get svn access or a build of the game that I can use to quickly test animations? Sending them to you, then waiting to see them used in a video before knowing how they look in-game is rather inefficient.
DShiznit wrote:
I like this idea. Any chance I could get svn access or a build of the game that I can use to quickly test animations? Sending them to you, then waiting to see them used in a video before knowing how they look in-game is rather inefficient.

I definitely could add you to the svn, particularly if you'll be making frequent use of it (it costs me about $3.50/month/user). I just sent you an invite to the appropriate Assembla workspace. Do you have Visual Studio set up on your computer? I can walk you through the compilation + check-out process, or I can send you a binary, but if I do the latter, you may want to wait a couple days while I work out stuff with the texturing code.
Hey, speaking of player animations... will we ever consider making speical animations to just use in-game? (Like the orc using the wave or salute in-game)
Xyno76 wrote:
Hey, speaking of player animations... will we ever consider making speical animations to just use in-game? (Like the orc using the wave or salute in-game)

You mean like emotes? That largely depends on what (if any) limits there are to the number of animations a player datablock can support. Things like running, looking, crouching, jumping, etc. take priority, but I'd certainly like to have a bunch of extra animations and a way for players to play them if there's room.

@Elfprince: I just got the email, sweet! I set up my account and I do have visual studio 2010(though not visual C++, but I know where to get it). I have some schoolwork to finish up now, but when I'm free later this afternoon you can walk through compiling this. My computer sucks, but it should be able to handle the construct map, which is all I'd need for animation tests.
I haven't used 2010 yet, but I'm on Steam now, and can help with the setup whenever you're on.
DShiznit wrote:
Xyno76 wrote:

You mean like emotes? That largely depends on what (if any) limits there are to the number of animations a player datablock can support. Things like running, looking, crouching, jumping, etc. take priority, but I'd certainly like to have a bunch of extra animations and a way for players to play them if there's room.

@Elfprince: I just got the email, sweet! I set up my account and I do have visual studio 2010(though not visual C++, but I know where to get it). I have some schoolwork to finish up now, but when I'm free later this afternoon you can walk through compiling this. My computer sucks, but it should be able to handle the construct map, which is all I'd need for animation tests.

alright.... thats good news to me... Now I have to get my own work done Razz
GarageGames is hosting a contest for a hundred-and-a-half dollars of store credit for the creator of which Torque-themed video gets the most views between now and Friday afternoon.

elfprince13 wrote:
GarageGames is hosting a contest for a hundred-and-a-half dollars of store credit for the creator of which Torque-themed video gets the most views between now and Friday afternoon.

Hey everyone. I don't know if you've watched this yet, but we're in striking distance of first place. If you haven't watch it yet, please do, and if you're at school, maybe get a friend or two to pull it up on their screens as well.
Is the contest over yet?
DShiznit wrote:
Is the contest over yet?

Yeah. We missed the deadline for the particle one too.
Crap. I should have been more active but I just felt so crappy the last two weeks I barely did anything.
DShiznit wrote:
Crap. I should have been more active but I just felt so crappy the last two weeks I barely did anything.

No worries. Contests seem to be a thing now, over at GG, so keep your eye on their front page.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg844/scaled.php?server=844&filename=75736790.png&res=medium
So we should pay extra money for what amounts to an art pack? Or is there something I'm missing?
DShiznit wrote:
So we should pay extra money for what amounts to an art pack? Or is there something I'm missing?

I have no idea what that was about...
Quote:
Hey everyone. I don't know if you've watched this yet, but we're in striking distance of first place. If you haven't watch it yet, please do, and if you're at school, maybe get a friend or two to pull it up on their screens as well.
Can I assume that we didn't quite make it? Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
Can I assume that we didn't quite make it? Sad

Not quite Sad

We placed squarely in the middle of the pack.

Geoff Beckstrom (GarageGames wrote:

Okay here are the final standings:

Sam: 245
Suckerfree: 199
Thomas: 156
Szz: 130
Nitromsoft: 38

Sam Banter with a last hour fury pulls ahead of Suckerfree's cat for the most views and wins this weeks contest!

I will have the blog for next weeks contest up before I leave this afternoon so you will all have the weekend to get started.
Aww, sorry to hear it. Well, let's see if we can't get a better showing for the next contest, and either way it's nice to get Freebuild additional exposure.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 17
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours