I noticed that a lot of people are using the 'selected/deselected' icons, or just blank icons, for in-dev projects. So I made some in-dev projects. Using these icons keeps your project looking professional while not forcing you to make one yourself or make an image request before the project is at its release phase. Tell me how you like it!

[img]https://img.ourl.ca/rfg/unselected.bmp[/img]
[img]https://img.ourl.ca/rfg/0-selected.bmp[/img]

EDIT: for some reason the bbcode will not work for me. Here are links:
unselected
selected
flyingfisch wrote:
EDIT: for some reason the bbcode will not work for me. Here are links:
unselected
selected
The [img] bbcode doesn't accept .bmp. Save 'em as PNG or such and don't waste bandwidth. Smile

I think it would be useful to put some text on that (maybe even in the background?) that says "IN DEV" or such, just to make it even clearer.

I mentioned it on IRC, but this might be useful as a default icon for mkg3a to provide, rather than simply black (or offer an option for one or the other). I can think of some arguments for either way- what do others think?
Tari: I think a default icon would be absolutely perfect, and I think flyingfisch's example looks nice enough to be used. I agree that it should have IN DEV or something equivalent to clarify why there's a hard hat as the icon.
The image you used looks nice, but it isn't centered in the unselected icon, so it's probably going to look pretty weird on-calc because it doesn't match the selected one. I don't see the need for an IN DEV text, but I don't have anything against adding one.
flyingfisch wrote:
I noticed that a lot of people are using the 'selected/deselected' icons, or just blank icons, for in-dev projects.

So I'm not the only icon trouble maker ? Smile
MPoupe wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
I noticed that a lot of people are using the 'selected/deselected' icons, or just blank icons, for in-dev projects.

Haha, nope, it's not just you. Wink JosJuice: Ah, good call, that could be visually quite annoying.

Edit: A variation for your consideration:
KermMartian wrote:
MPoupe wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

Haha, nope, it's not just you. Wink JosJuice: Ah, good call, that could be visually quite annoying.

Edit: A variation for your consideration:

Hey! I like that one! Maybe make the letters a little rounder?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours