» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wow SirC, this has come a long way since I last looked at it. Nice job Very Happy
Thanks for your support, I'm glad you like it! Feel free to ping me with questions, feature requests, and test results.
Sorry for the sudden lack of updates; I'm currently working through task switching. There are some considerations that are proving difficult for me, and - like every other major feature I've added to date - are inexplicably not working and require hours of debugging. It can get frustrating when any of 30 different routines can be causing the problem, and it ends up being wildly different than what I expected, three or four hours later. I've ended up changing the way threads start more and more each time I face a problem - for instance, modifying the return address on RETs to lead to the routine KillCurrentThread, or passing in the calling thread ID in A (and F, though I'm not sure why I bothered) when a thread starts.
Anyway, I'm working on it, and I'm again lost as to why something doesn't work, but I'll figure it out. There's still some architectural changes to make, too, such as how libraries keep track of their usage, and how arguments are passed to programs. And so it goes.
I'm having Validation issues on my TI-84+ SE with the latest version of your OS D:
Reapex wrote:
I'm having Validation issues on my TI-84+ SE with the latest version of your OS D:
I don't know if he added TI-84+SE support. Also, SirCmpwn was banned from Cemetech for rampant abuse and death threats.
Reapex wrote:

FYI, you'll have to email him; he's banned pretty much everywhere in the community, even here, unfortunately for the project.
You can still find him rarely on #ti @ irc.efnet.org
Quote:
FYI, you'll have to email him; he's banned pretty much everywhere in the community, even here, unfortunately for the project.

...Is this the only way to know if this project is even still alive...?
Additionally, how on earth do you get this onto a physical calculator?
jetlego wrote:
Additionally, how on earth do you get this onto a physical calculator?

I'm genuinely intrigued as to why you are interested in this OS. There's plenty of topics on how to get this on your calculator but I must advise you to be careful. If you don't know how to send an OS to your calculator you shouldn't be sending other OSes to it.

What if it bricks?
What if you can't go back?

I encourage you to keep this interest so when you get a spare TI calc you may try it without fear of ruining your only one.
I am interested in it due to what i have read going through all the posts in this thread and several related threads, as well as knightos.org

I can and will buy a new (used) calculator to test this on, as I completely see your point. I've crashed wabbitemu more times than I can count trying to load this onto an emulated 84cpse, and it would be nice just to see what it does from a user perspective.

EDIT: of course, I always have my trusty hp prime and ti 81 to rely upon Razz
jetlego wrote:
load this onto an emulated 84cpse

Wait, 84+ CSE? The color calculator? This isn't coded to work on the CSE.
For some reason I have the file for it, and the website for the OS says the same. *shrugs*
You're right that's fascinating. I'm sorry I told you otherwise Very Happy
I'm intrigued on how they'll accomplish such a cross-platform compatibility under what looks like one source file.
It was a nice project; the CSE version is especially stunning. It's sad that it has no platform to even get mentioned in the community anymore.
EDIT:In reference to Comicidiot
It is quite odd, I must admit.
Additionally, when I try to load it onto the emulator, it displays a screen approx. 1/4 the screen size and then spits out an error.
CalebHansberry wrote:
It's sad that it has no platform to even get mentioned in the community anymore.
SirCmpwn makes announcements about important updates on TI Planet. Here for example 4 days ago.
I too work on KnightOS, and I'm not banned from anywhere. So I can carry on posting updates if anyone wishes.
KnightOS is technically one of the most advanced third-party OS for the TI-Z80 series. Like other all third-party calculator OS, for a variety of reasons, it won't replace TI's OS on a significant proportion of real calculators. Still:
* on TI-Planet, updates about KnightOS are met with comments such as "thanks sir, we support you !";
* on Cemetech, queries about KnightOS are met with comments about potential bricking, made by someone not up to date on KnightOS evolution ?

We do know about the stories which led SirCmpwn to be banned from both Omnimaga and Cemetech, a while ago. If he had done the same thing at TI-Planet, its dead predecessor, or even probably yAronet, he'd have been banned as well. We understand that he's not about to get un-banned from Omnimaga or Cemetech.
However, I know some of you can do better than posting low-quality comments about the technically interesting work that he leads Wink
Thanks, Lionel!
So, how exactly do I get the kernel and os onto the emulator/calc?
Usually it gives me a "no running threads" error, and I do not understand why.
Also, does knightos support math yet?
I would like to also chime in to say that over the summer, I should have more time to integrate my floating point library in with KnightOS. This should put it closer to being on par with the TI-OS since my routines tend to be 2 to 5 times faster and with much higher precision. (19 digits versus 14).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 24 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours