Out of curiosity, why Axe and not ASM? Did you already know Axe, or did you learn it for this project? Are you open to learning z80 ASM at some point, since it's generally easier to manipulate memory and the VAT from ASM?
Sadly, I do not have very much experience with ASM. I have wanted to learn it for a couple months now, and even sat down to try it using Sean McLaughlin's guide, but I didn't get very far. I haven't had a whole lot of time recently. That is where Axe fits in. It is much more portable, and allows for quicker creation of programs, and so has just worked out to be much more convenient for me than ASM.

Also, I've used Axe since I think version 0.2.5, so I feel pretty comfortable with everything. But I definitely do want at some point to learn ASM.
The one problem I see is that Axe is mainly good for games, but fairly weak for non-game programs. I hope that we can perhaps guide you towards understanding ASM better. Smile
Hey, so now it's time for that ever-so-common deadline question...

When exactly is the due date? 11:59PM Jan 22 or 12:00AM Jan 22? (And which time zone)
EDIT: Sorry, missed the news article on the front page. But now, where do we submit/send the entries?
Squidget: Email them to me. Ask on SAX for the email address.

Everyone: EMAIL YOUR ENTRIES! You have about 28 hours left to do so. I have only FIVE of the eighteen or so thus far.
*bumpity bump* All but two entries graded, and I'm finishing the userbars for the winners before I sleep. Look for the news article early tomorrow!
Awesome! Also any luck with the entry that did not run earlier (from what I've read in SAX, it was butts, right?)
DJ_O wrote:
Awesome! Also any luck with the entry that did not run earlier (from what I've read in SAX, it was butts, right?)
Indeed. I tried a few different emulators, OSes, and shells (DCS and MOS) and it crashed in all of them. I only didn't haul out the miniUSB cable and a hardware calculator and try it out on hardware yet.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully this can be sorted out tomorrow. Also awesome userbars!
DJ_O wrote:
Sorry to hear. Hopefully this can be sorted out tomorrow. Also awesome userbars!
Oh thanks, I always enjoy a bit of userbar design / pixel art for some relaxation. I hope so too; from the readme it sounds as if he put a fair bit of work into it, so I'm reluctant to write it off as a nonfunctioning entry. The other entry I haven't tried yet is Souvik's, because I haven't installed the XBA libraries. But now, sleep, and tomorrow, grading and news.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours