What do you think?
Its a GREAT idea!!! Keep Going with it!
 33%  [ 3 ]
I have a problem with this project, and I will PM you the details.
 0%  [ 0 ]
I've seen worse. Still, keep going with it.
 11%  [ 1 ]
Keep going, and don't stop 'till it's finished!!!
 11%  [ 1 ]
I don't like it.
 33%  [ 3 ]
I can't wait 'till its finished! Please hurry up!!!
 0%  [ 0 ]
The option I'm looking for is not here.
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Hello, World!!! I'm currently working to translate a "windows" like shell from the old age of the Casio CFX series to the new age and color of the Casio Prizm!!! I will post some pics soon... I'd do it now, but i just took my Graphing Calculator out of my bag to do it, just to learn that my batteries are dead! Crying So I guess i'll have to do it later... However, if you do not think it is a Good Idea Idea , then I will not have to worry about making it perfect. You may vote on it... but I do follow the ways of the Bird Scene (reference to Nickelodeon)... Let me write a little about it... Well, it is called Windows cg₁₀, and it was originally made for the older Casio Graphing Calculator s, and was entirely in french. Now I don't know too much french, but I managed to translate. It has a REAL working file system, the ability to create new folders & program links, copying and pasting links, a nice (but quite slow) GUI, a multitasking system in the task bar, a mouse, and more. Wow, I feel like I'm advertising in a commercial. Laughing Anyway, the original version is here Sorry it's in french. Well... wish me luck!!!
Very Happy Graphing Calculator
Are you familiar with the Doors CS shell for TI graphing calculators, written by yours truly? I hope to port it to the Prizm at some point, but at present I have far too little time. :/ I wish you all the best luck with this, and hope it goes well. Can you tell us about some of the useful features of this shell?
Sounds GREAT! And, yes, please give details Smile
Well, here we go...

Any Questions? Enjoy the pics... Demo to come
Looks nice... this would be really cool in C Wink
This looks very nice. Keep going with it!

On a side note, when I saw the title, I thought you would be asking about a port of Windows for the Prizm Razz
It's a subject I did some research on awhile back since Windows CE supported SH3/SH4 chips until around 2005. Unfortunately, it's not possible Sad
Why is it not possible?
As I recall, it was mostly the chip lacking hardware modules Windows requires to function.
flyingfisch wrote:

Yea, I know... If you want (we) can work on that. Very Happy
jet322 wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

We as in you and me? I was just thinking of doing a port, but I have to learn some basic C first. Wink
I would love to help with something like this. I know C fairly well, but not with the Prizm... once I learn I *will* post an all around tutorial for programming on a Prizm in C..

EDIT: I also do have my compiler set up in C, and it works but I still don't know how to program for Prizm...
thydowulays wrote:
I would love to help with something like this. I know C fairly well, but not with the Prizm... once I learn I *will* post an all around tutorial for programming on a Prizm in C..

EDIT: I also do have my compiler set up in C, and it works but I still don't know how to program for Prizm...

Same here Very Happy

Anyway, a tutorial would be nice... I support you all the way on that!
Yeah usually when I figure out something that took me forever I make a tutorial on it so no one else has to go through all the trouble. It seems a lot of people here like to do that Smile
flyingfisch wrote:
jet322 wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

We as in you and me? I was just thinking of doing a port, but I have to learn some basic C first. Wink

I actually do not know C at all, nor do I know asm... maybe KermMartian would help with that... he's an EXPERT! Very Happy
jet322 wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
jet322 wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

I actually do not know C at all, nor do I know asm... maybe KermMartian would help with that... he's an EXPERT! Very Happy

You're right about that!
thydowulays wrote:

A tutorial would be great I support that too. If you look on the WikiPrizm, we have a space set aside for tutorials, so if you (or anyone) starts working on such a tutorial, you should totally put it there.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours