... not tell the future.

Anyways, I worked on this add-in for a few hours and made it graphically fit-in with the rest of the OS. Basically, the default view of this add-in displays the time and date numerically. A dialog is provided to change the date and time and another dialog to show the author and version. A separate view that shows the calendar was added in 2.0.

Download it and tell me what you think. More will be added to it Wink
I'll get a chance to test it on tuesday or wednsday
I have the calendar view finished. It only supports viewing the current month, but it will soon give you a cursor that can choose days and change months/years. This will eventually lead to a day planner, but I don't know how far I will go.

Sorry for the explosion in updates, 1.0 got the clock, 1.1 did critical bug fixes. 2.0 will have the calendar added, 2.x will most likely be bug fixes, and 3.0 should be the planner. Somewhere along those releases will be more clock displays (what else can a clock add-in do? Razz)
Oh cool. Could you integrate a to-do list also? (long-term, of course)
Needs more screenshots! I unfortunately haven't gotten a chance to test it out yet, but I'd love to include it in the eternally-upcoming Cemetech news article about the ramp-up in Prizm dev here at Cemetech.
How well does it tell time? The clock app for 9860 lost about 10min a week.
Does it run down the batteries ?
I think it uses the RTC, so i dont think it runs down batteries.
No, it uses the existing Real-Time Clock (RTC) features of the hardware, and thus doesn't run down the batteries any more than normal. I'd imagine that it's not a super-accurate clock, although I hope it's better accuracy than +/- 10m per week (that's 10/10080, 1/1008, or 0.099% loss, or 99.901% accuracy).
KermMartian wrote:
No, it uses the existing Real-Time Clock (RTC) features of the hardware, and thus doesn't run down the batteries any more than normal. I'd imagine that it's not a super-accurate clock, although I hope it's better accuracy than +/- 10m per week (that's 10/10080, 1/1008, or 0.099% loss, or 99.901% accuracy).

I hope so too. one thing though, does overclocking effect the rtc?
flyingfisch wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I hope so too. one thing though, does overclocking effect the rtc?

It shouldn't, the RTC aims at being timing-dependent from the execution timing scheme.

EDIT: and of course, back on topic, I shall be trying this out later today. Nice work AHelper! Smile
Awesome, AHelper Very Happy
Awesome! I will try this as soon as I get home. A friend of mine has a clock utility on her 9860 and it has shown no drift so far. Perhaps that RTC error is specific to some models of 9860.
gbl08ma wrote:
Awesome! I will try this as soon as I get home. A friend of mine has a clock utility on her 9860 and it has shown no drift so far. Perhaps that RTC error is specific to some models of 9860.

Maybe, or maybe it has to do with my '9860gii' being a hacked 9750gii. or maybe because i overclocked it all the time. I don't know Very Happy
I just tried it on my CG20. It works well, and I think I found a minor mistake: on the set clock screen, it says the time/date is in format HMS/DMY. But instead, what it allows you to enter and what it displays on the main screen is in format HMS/MDY (MDY instead of DMY).

Personally, I prefer to see the date in DMY format... of course, one of the things you should add to this add-in is configurable time formats (12 hour or 24 hour clock, DMY, MDY or YMD date..., "Monday, 20th February 2012" or "Monday, February 20", etc.).
Other feature suggestions:
- Stopwatch and countdown (the 9860 utility my friend has installed has this, and you never know when it may come handy)
- Calendar with event planning (it seems you already have this planned)
- Network (CALCnet?) calendar sync (one day, who knows? Razz )
Might I ask, would it be possible to use this to design a "WAIT(#of seconds)" command?
gbl08ma wrote:
I just tried it on my CG20. It works well, and I think I found a minor mistake: on the set clock screen, it says the time/date is in format HMS/DMY. But instead, what it allows you to enter and what it displays on the main screen is in format HMS/MDY (MDY instead of DMY).

Personally, I prefer to see the date in DMY format... of course, one of the things you should add to this add-in is configurable time formats (12 hour or 24 hour clock, DMY, MDY or YMD date..., "Monday, 20th February 2012" or "Monday, February 20", etc.).
- Stopwatch and countdown (the 9860 utility my friend has installed has this, and you never know when it may come handy)

Thanks for trying!

Hehe, didn't realize I typed the format incorrectly. I may add in locale settings to change it from MDY to something else, but I need to rewrite the dialog and add in some sort of saving (which I need to do anyways).

A stopwatch can be added.

The calendar part should be done in a few hours. It will simply display a month view of a calendar. I was thinking about having events added, letting you view the day in week and day formats. Possibly iCalendar support.

Sarah wrote:
Might I ask, would it be possible to use this to design a "WAIT(#of seconds)" command?

Like a stopwatch/countdown timer? Or do you mean use the RTC in another add-in to wait for a specified amount of time? Both can be done.
AHelper wrote:
gbl08ma wrote:

Thanks for trying!

Hehe, didn't realize I typed the format incorrectly. I may add in locale settings to change it from MDY to something else, but I need to rewrite the dialog and add in some sort of saving (which I need to do anyways).

A stopwatch can be added.

The calendar part should be done in a few hours. It will simply display a month view of a calendar. I was thinking about having events added, letting you view the day in week and day formats. Possibly iCalendar support.

Sarah wrote:

Like a stopwatch/countdown timer? Or do you mean use the RTC in another add-in to wait for a specified amount of time? Both can be done.

I meant like, add a command to the program editor, so that if I had a program that was otherwise normal, and it ran into "Wait(5)", the program would wait 5 seconds at that line before proceeding.
Currently, there is no way on the prizm to do that. There is a topic about doing that on older casio models, however.

Now for a question: How do I manually clear out the alpha status? Not the icon, but change the status.

<edit>

New version released!

Grab v2.0 and you will have the calendar mode enabled. Navigating through the menus should be straight-forward. This only have the calendar month-view added. The event section wasn't created yet.
I updated, and the calendar works well, except for one thing: when I want to jump to a specific date and I input a year before 2000 (that is, 1999 for example), it goes to a year between 1000 and 1023... Years before 1008 work fine.
Now that I looks more carefully to it, this seems to happen with other thousands too:
Specifying 0999/0998/0997... goes to wrong year
Specifying 1999/1998/1997... goes to wrong year
Specifying 2999/2998/2997... wrong year
3999/3998/3997... wrong year...
And so on, up to 9999. I hope you understand what 'unwanted feature' I just reported Smile

Other 'unwanted feature' is: if you go to 01/01/0000, you will see the first row of the January calendar has some strange numbers...

Oh, and I almost forgot: in the year 0, you can walk forward in months (pressing F3), but you can't walk back (pressing F2). Once you get to January year 1, you can go to the previous month (December 0, pressing F2), but it won't allow you to go back from there.

Keep up the great work! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours