Ok, So im using the GCC SDK on windows to program for a prizm
First what does the Box function do
Second how could i keep the things drawn on screen using the LoadVRAM_1 function, or is it possible im using the wrong one
You're using the wrong one. I believe you want to instead use the Bdisp_PutDisp_DD(); call, which copies the VRAM to the LCD. I've also poked the site in general to answer your Box function question. We're working on documenting the System Calls on the Prizm Wiki:

http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Syscalls

But as you can see, unfortunately neither of those calls is yet documented.
yea i know, and thanks, also what does Box do?
jwalker wrote:
yea i know, and thanks, also what does Box do?
I still haven't found anyone who knows for sure, but I am relatively confident it draws a box on the screen. You should experiment with it and its arguments and try to figure it out! The only Box-related syscalls I can find documentation for are BoxPush and BoxPop, which save or restore a rectangular area of the VRAM.
hmmm... i will have to work on it, i know there are five int arguments
probably x, y, width , height, line thickness??
jwalker wrote:
hmmm... i will have to work on it, i know there are five int arguments
probably x, y, width , height, line thickness??
Probably. If it's a filled rectangle instead, it might be X, Y, width, heigh, color.
yea...
Also shouldnt DirectDrawRectanlge draw directly to the screen??
i cant seem to get it to stay drawn for more than a second
jwalker wrote:
yea...
Also shouldnt DirectDrawRectanlge draw directly to the screen??
i cant seem to get it to stay drawn for more than a second
It should, but if you mix using the VRAM and drawing directly to the LCD, you'll keep overwriting what you've drawn directly to the screen. Ideally, you should either do everything drawing directly to the screen, or draw everything into the graph buffer (VRAM) and then copy that to the LCD in one chunk. We have useful routines here for drawing sprites, pictures, rectangles, dialog boxes, and all kinds of stuff to the VRAM.
hmm also ive been trying to use the Bdisp_PutDisp_DD(); function but it draws stuff for only a few seconds too
jwalker wrote:
hmm also ive been trying to use the Bdisp_PutDisp_DD(); function but it draws stuff for only a few seconds too

No, it draws everything at address 0xA8000000 to the screen, lasting until the next time something interferes with the LCD directly.
yea i messed up and took that out of the code and it almost works
also what is the diffrence between Bdisp_AllCr_VRAM and Bdisp_AllClr_VRAM
jwalker wrote:
yea i messed up and took that out of the code and it almost works
also what is the diffrence between Bdisp_AllCr_VRAM and Bdisp_AllClr_VRAM
One of them sounds like a typo to me. Very Happy I'm relatively sure they're just two spellings of the same system call.
i think so too, also ive noticed that the DirectDrawRectangle() function wont draw to more than one side of the sceen, is there like a flag that prevents it from drawing to the rest?
ex:
Bdisp_AllClr_VRAM
DirectDrawRectangle(1, 1, 100, 100, COLOR_RED);
this will draw to the right corner at 1, 1 and the height will be 100 pixels but the width will only be a few and then they get blocked off
What is a program that i could use to convert images to hex, like on the Graphical minesweeper game
jwalker wrote:
What is a program that i could use to convert images to hex, like on the Graphical minesweeper game
Use SourceCoder, which incidentally also lets you write Prizm BASIC programs online. Have you looked through the Useful Prizm Routines thread for sprite routines and such yet?

SourceCoder 2.5
i will today

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours