Question to the creators(mostly) of oblierate, minesweeper, prizmlife, and tetrizm.
How do you make it so prizm files appear on the main menu?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
Question to the creators(mostly) of oblierate, minesweeper, prizmlife, and tetrizm.
How do you make it so prizm files appear on the main menu?

You connect up the calculator via USB to the computer, open it like a flashdrive, send the *.g3a files over (these are the add-ins, for example, Obliterate.g3a) and once you send them they will show up in the main menu.
What do you mean? Make the add-in itself on the main menu? Look at mkg3a and how it is used in the PrizmSDK. If you mean something else, then :-\
make programs that you make your self appear on the main menu like obliterate and tetrizm.
Wait, there is a difference between program and add-in. Programs cannot be shown on the main menu. Oblit., Minesweeper, Sink, etc. are add-ins and are shown on the main menu.
make programs that you make your self appear on the main menu like obliterate and tetrizm.

BASIC programs cannot currently be shown in the main menu. Only programs written in a compiled/Assembled lanuage can be made into .g3a's at present.
what is the difference between the two?(add-ins, and programs)
AHelper wrote:
Wait, there is a difference between program and add-in. Programs cannot be shown on the main menu. Oblit., Minesweeper, Sink, etc. are add-ins and are shown on the main menu.

To clarify, AHelper means BASIC programs; these cannot be shown on the main menu. Add-ins are written in C and are compiled on the computer, and are completely different.
For example, Add-ins are written on a PC in a language like sh3asm, C, or C++, compiled and built into a .g3a, and sent to the prizm. Programs are text-based scripts written either on the prizm or a PC and are interprited by the Program add-in (built-in).
AHelper wrote:
Add-ins are written on a PC in a language like sh3asm, C, or C

which would be easier to learn? I am learning java at school right now. Is that similar to the above languages?
since Java, C, and C++ are all high-level compiled languages, you are best sticking with C/C++. If you know TI-BASIC, then you can understand how programs (not add-ins) on the prizm are written.
what is the difference between the two?(add-ins, and programs)
If you want to think of it in TI terms, a program is like a TI-BASIC program, which appears in the program menu. An add-in is like an Application on a TI-83+/84+, which appears in a separate menu.
As I asked above which would be easier to learn? I am learning java at school right now. Is that similar to the above languages?
AHelper wrote:
since Java, C, and C++ are all high-level compiled languages, you are best sticking with C/C++. If you know TI-BASIC, then you can understand how programs (not add-ins) on the prizm are written.

I think you overlooked the answer, but if that didn't help let us know.
comicIDIOT wrote:
AHelper wrote:

I think you overlooked the answer, but if that didn't help let us know.
You should definitely learn C. I am very not fond of Java, and the syntax is just close enough to C to make you think you can understand C from knowing Java.
I would second (third?) the recommendation to use C. That would allow you to use the Prizm most effectively without forcing you to deal with the pain that is SH3 ASM.

EDIT: C++ support on the Prizm is still spotty, so I wouldn't recommend using it.
awsome and thanks guys. where would a great c tutorial be found(if it's a book I'm getting a basic nook today and maybe some nook books)
awsome and thanks guys. where would a great c tutorial be found(if it's a book I'm getting a basic nook today and maybe some nook books)

Good starting point: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c/lesson1.html
Ashbad wrote:

Good starting point: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c/lesson1.html

Thanks ashbad I'll start this probably on monday(no school all next week Very Happy )
are there any good c book tutorials anywhere?
I haven't read it so I'm not sure how good it is, but I am positove that my publisher, Manning, must have a C book.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours