YAY!!

I just got a reply for my 3rd assessment and sent casio my mailing address.

So now all I have to do is wait.

Easier said than done! Very Happy
flyingfisch wrote:
YAY!!

I just got a reply for my 3rd assessment and sent casio my mailing address.

So now all I have to do is wait.

Easier said than done! Very Happy
Congratulations, and good luck. For future reference, let me please ask you to not double-post. You should edit your posts if it's been less than 24 hours since your previous post in the same topic.
Ooh.. I'm sorry. I didn't notice that no one had replied. Sorry :-/
I think I might try it. It sounds interesting, and it'll give me a chance to learn more about programming on a calculator, and maybe even learning about calculators in general.
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
I think I might try it. It sounds interesting, and it'll give me a chance to learn more about programming on a calculator, and maybe even learning about calculators in general.
Indeed, I continue to be surprised how many of the Prizm's cool conversion, math, financial, and graph features I learned about during the training, even though I thought I already knew how to do all of that stuff.
KermMartian, the casio team sends some email after completing the course?
Hey Kerm, what do you do once you download the 90-day trial version of our Manager Software, because I saved it but the computer can't open it.
I'm on the third module now. Hopefully I can complete it by tonight. XD
Hey Kerm, what do you do once you download the 90-day trial version of our Manager Software, because I saved it but the computer can't open it.

Try re downloading it a few times. I finally got it to work. It failed the first 2-3 times.
graphmastur wrote:

Try re downloading it a few times. I finally got it to work. It failed the first 2-3 times.

thanks it finally worked
It has come to my attention that an Omnimaga user posted all three completed assessment documents on that forum. I am shocked and appalled, and my fingers are actually shaking with real anger right now that someone would be so immature and stupid as to do this. The offender posted the three assessments with just "Have fun. don't get to change the name of document Very Happy". Not only did no staff members remove the topic, TWO staff members posted in the topic and ACTIVELY encouraged the discussion. My personal response:

KermMartian wrote:
This is in direct violation of the terms of the training, and I'm appalled that no moderator deleted this topic yet. I found and publicized this on Cemetech with the intent of getting more programmers in the community to have Prizm calculators. I have been in direct discussions with Casio staff about building a dialog with their R&D team, and this kind of short-sighted stupidity only serves to alienate them from the community and drive them down the same path TI took, hating the community. Did you know that TI used to work directly with ticalc.org until a few users' transgressions started them down the path of neither communicating with nor liking the community? I am shocked and appalled beyond belief that not only was this topic posted, and left, and no one bothered realizing what a STUPID and IMMATURE thing to post this is, ruining the good faith that Casio places in us as a community, TWO STAFF MEMBERS of this website posted in the thread ENCOURAGING this illegal activity. This is unconscionable. At least have the respect for the rest of the Prizm community and for Casio's attempts to at least not be unfriendly to us by doing this sort of dishonest, disrespectful stuff in private if you have to do it at all. I'm very disappointed in all of you.

I swear I will ban any of you SO FAST if you do this sort of inane, unthinking behavior. I can't believe that someone would do this, but I'm repeating myself.
I back your planned course of action. In the meantime I would encourage an e-mail to whatever contact you have at Casio about the topic, though I'm sure it's already in progress or already done. Since the topic is behind a "must login" page, a screen shot would likely suffice.

I'm not at all shocked that the answers ended up online, but it's disheartening that it happened in one of the major communities in the calculator scene. I find it even worse that the staff would back such activity, rather than suppressing and discouraging it.

I'm disappointed that my assessment might not be accepted now. I was looking forward to obtaining a Prizm, I've ceased all progress incase they change the tests. It should hopefully be quick, as they had to of at least thought of this scenario and prepared a Version B.

Edit: Changed administrators to staff, as the participating staff may not have been admins.
Quote:
I'm not at all shocked that the answers ended up online, but it's disheartening that it happened in one of the major communities in the calculator scene. I find it even worse that administrators would back such activity, rather than suppressing and discouraging it.
Exactly, and just when I'm trying to build a positive relationship with Casio for the good of the entire community and Prizm userbase. And the better relationship with have with Casio, and the more users we draw to the Prizm and away from TI calculator, TI is eventually bound to have to do something in response if the trend is strong enough. Their actions might even include relenting on their recent anti-third-party actions.
Quote:
Hello Mr. Dormant, //little typo, -a +o

I apologize, but we are unable to make our promotion available outside the U.S. We have a very limited supply and our marketing initiative is geared toward the U.S. market. I really do wish we could help you, because I want everybody to use our products; but at this time I have no alternative.

Certainly you can download a 90-day trial version of the emulator from https://edu.casio.com/freetrial/freetrial_form.php , though I know this is not terribly helpful in the long-term.

You are welcome to register for and take the course. However, I cannot provide any product at the conclusion.

Kind Regards,
Nathan

Nathan T. Austin
Curriculum & Online Training Manager
Education Division

a, I want this manager for easy Addin debugging!
Aww, that's a shame. :/ Sorry to hear it. Sad
Not a problem, I'll wait for something else! :p
But I would like just to register and do it, but I can't: I don't have any Us address!
To be honest I kinda agree, although I cannot do much since I'm not admin anymore, because cheating in tests is wrong IMHO, and I was actually concerned about Casio finding the similar answers suspicious and simply not sending any calc to anyone including those who did the test in a legit way.

I think it might be best however that the next time you also send a topic report via the topic report button since this sends to the entire staff at once, because while one or two staff might not have realized the importance of how wrong the member behaviour was, this is one or two staff opinions out of maybe 20-25 active ones, and I doubt the entire staff think it's not that bad to do such thing. I know however that sometimes it takes stronger words to send the message accross, from experience, because they do not always realize the importance of a situation right away, eg. how long the banning of Mic took.

Also although I did not see anything directed at Omnimaga, I must mention that I doubt the Omni team encourages or tolerate cheating in tests (which is what the now deleted attachment allowed to), considering everytime somebody asks how to run a CAS OS on non-CAS Nspire because he has a test tomorrow, people tell him he doesn't need to use a CAS as a crutch to succeed in his test with no learning effort.

EDIT: I was going to post this on Omnimaga, but Netham45 locked the thread.
heh, I can't even view it, which makes me wonder what sort of authority is needed to restrict it.

Besides that, I see that if this expands, then it can be a hit to the corporate - consumer relationship. I have to admit that documents + internet = risky gamble :-\
KermMartian wrote:

<snip>
I swear I will ban any of you SO FAST if you do this sort of inane, unthinking behavior. I can't believe that someone would do this, but I'm repeating myself.

I fully agree with both the ban and the shock that someone would even think to do that. That was not acceptably in any respect and serves as a blatant violation of not only Casio's TOS (which most of us have violated at some point), but of credibility too. The only way Casio is going to be willing to work with the community is if we hold ourselves to a high degree of personal maturity, which includes not circumventing their educational measures with answers to a fairly easy test. Take the time to learn the calculator. You'll come off better for it in the end. I'm willing to help anyone who has problems with the assessments on IRC, but I hope no one thinks that this sort of behavior, for *any* calculator or community device, is acceptable. It damages the community's reputation far more than it helps it.
AHelper wrote:
Besides that, I see that if this expands, then it can be a hit to the corporate - consumer relationship. I have to admit that documents + internet = risky gamble :-\

Any institution has to be aware of the possibility that there could be answers leaked. I highly doubt this will hurt any achieved and future diplomacy between Casio and it's coder-base, but they'll be more cautious in the future. We may see a test with five different versions, or such promotions for verified/certified educators rather than students.

If Casio escalates this and stops all attempts at reaching out, it'd be more or less their fault as the actions of a rebellious few doesn't speak for the actions of the collective.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours