AHelper wrote:
I should have taken the \0 out, my fault. The u prefix was an addition to allow more control on UTF-xx strings, proposed and used since gcc 4.4 here. u makes the string UTF-16 of the type char16_t*
Indeed, I am familiar with it. Smile I was just debating whether GCC is smart enough to promote the \0 it always tacks on the end of ASCII/UTF-8 strings to an unsigned short \0.
I would hope so Smile
So Ashbad and AHelper, do we have any outstanding questions in this thread? Perhaps based on your (and my) experience, we can put together a simple page on the Wiki about dealing with files?
KermMartian wrote:
So Ashbad and AHelper, do we have any outstanding questions in this thread? Perhaps based on your (and my) experience, we can put together a simple page on the Wiki about dealing with files?

As far as I know, we're set to start the files page on the wiki; seems we could even implement the standard C library's simply I/O functions based on the findings by everyone here.
I would really love if you put a page on files. I can't figure it out currently.
graphmastur wrote:
I would really love if you put a page on files. I can't figure it out currently.
What are you having problems with, specifically? I'm sure we could help you understand it in the meantime while that page is under construction.
Can we seek in a file when we write to it?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours