DJ_O wrote:
This mode (which I suggested before, but could not remember the game name until now due to crappy Omni search) would definitively be a good addition to this game. It's even more sadistical than the sadistical mode in Tetrizm. Razz

http://fph.altervista.org/prog/bastet.html

That's terrible! I love it! Kerm should implement it.
KermMartian wrote:
Beta 2 didn't fix the rotation issue? Which piece will not rotate, and against which wall? Thanks for catching that typo.
I think rotations that would cause a piece to be partially inside a wall are not possible to perform. It would be better if the piece was moved so that it wouldn't end up getting stuck in the wall and then rotated.
Is there an invisible tetris mode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

Very Happy
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Beta 2 didn't fix the rotation issue? Which piece will not rotate, and against which wall? Thanks for catching that typo.
I think rotations that would cause a piece to be partially inside a wall are not possible to perform. It would be better if the piece was moved so that it wouldn't end up getting stuck in the wall and then rotated.
Does regular Tetris allow that? I assume you mean like pressing a line piece up against the wall and trying to rotate?

Also, Bastet looks super-evil, but requires more algorithmic calculation of the worse pieces to give than I feel like implementing. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Does regular Tetris allow that? I assume you mean like pressing a line piece up against the wall and trying to rotate?

It usually does allow that; and it's a pretty useful feature Smile
That's probably the best-looking Tetris game I've ever seen—all that shading is just perfect. Too bad I don't have a Prizm :/
Deep Thought wrote:
That's probably the best-looking Tetris game I've ever seen—all that shading is just perfect. Too bad I don't have a Prizm :/
Thanks! Too bad indeed; you really should fix that omission. Smile

Ashbad and JosJuice: I'm attempting to follow the SRS rotation system, as described in the link below. Can you clarify what if anything I'm not replicating properly?
http://tetris.wikia.com/wiki/SRS
KermMartian In this video http://youtu.be/_7cnycLdEjY, the protective cover of the your calculator was cut off by itself, or is sold cut to size right like ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD?

I do not like scratches on high-tech devices.
You mean the Cemetech skin, or the slide case itself? The slide case is intact but on the back of the calculator. The skin isn't meant to cover the LCD of the calculator.
Impressions from a Tetris Fan:
-Very pretty game, graphics looks good, Maybe some skins would be a little funny.
-Controls are very sensitive, almost too sensitive. Two things to avoid this: Use too [2][4][6][8], and make a option to adjust the speed of the repeat.
-Just invert the [UP] key and the [Shift] key. With this, you can make the invrted rotation with [OPTN] or [ALpha]
-Saw some things on the remove-line animation: even the lines wich will be removed are not adjacents would be removed in same time.
-Maybe fxes when doing T-spin, double, tiple... should be added.

Here is my rapport. Here you go!
Unsure how it happened, but after scoring 2 lines at once, the row below, which had maybe 3 blocks on it (not full), was cleared right afterwards. Happened too fast to even begin trying to infer what happened, but I'll try and look for the bug again.
Ashbad wrote:
Unsure how it happened, but after scoring 2 lines at once, the row below, which had maybe 3 blocks on it (not full), was cleared right afterwards. Happened too fast to even begin trying to infer what happened, but I'll try and look for the bug again.
I would appreciate more information if you can get it. Smile

Eiyeron, thank you for the feedback, I will certainly take those into consideration!
So, I found another bug, that I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but the file that Tetrizm uses to store high scores is incredibly easy to load and modify. Are there any know solutions to this?

ie, some sort of checksum or something so that you can't easily modify values.
I don't really care if you modify the high scores; I'm aware that it's easy to do so. Razz That's not a bug.
Brings some news for your game!
1. BOnus from combo are the best! Tetris + Back-to-Back = JACKPOT!
2. T-spin would be realisable
3. THe drop system is a bit freaky: we cannot move the block justbefore the landing, that is very crappy (taht's the only method to move tetro's on critical places. If I could a vid, you'll see the diffrence

Here you go! :p

ANd after some playing...
Marathon : 82651 with LV 50

(big) EDIT:
http://tetris.wikia.com/ - Here are some goos infos

Taken from I said on IRC:
For the 3rd point You have to test same a official version and yours to see the difference. With rotating the piece on the "ground" and moving it, we could move the pixece where we want, but with your system, we can't, thus makes some basics ricks unrealisable.[/url]
Okay, once upon a time, a very long time ago, in a land far far away, I had a Playstation Two.
And for that Playstation Two, I had an amazing Tetris Game called Tetris Worlds.

ANYWAYS, I have several suggestions for possible Tetrizm modes.

Cascade mode: Tetraminos stay together except when a line clear divides them. When a line clear causes tetraminos to fall, they will continue to fall until each tetramino can't fall anymore. This mode allows for alot of strategy as you can set up a huge cascade that could let you clear 8+ lines with a single piece.
Alternatively, add a setting to turn this mode on or off for all other modes.

Hot-Line mode: Six lines across the matrix will be highlighted, only line clears across these lines will count for any points. Higher highlighted lines are worth more points. These are the lines that are highlighted:

Sticky mode: This mode is similar to Touchdown in that it has preexisting blocks. The ultimate goal is to clear the bottom line. This mode will always be using Cascade, but preexisting blocks won't fall. All of the tetraminos will be made out of randomly colored blocks, a single tetramino could be made out of 4 blocks of 4 different colors. Once a tetramino lands, each separate color is treated as its own block and the tetramino falls apart. The reason this mode is called Sticky Tetris is because if two same colored blocks touch eachother, they stick together and combine into a single block. If a single block is made up of 25 or more small squares(The things tetraminos are made out of), it reaches 'critical mass' and disappears, giving a bonus.

No rotation mode: All the pieces come out in a random orientation and you aren't allowed to rotate them, only move them side to side.
Oh wow, thanks for all that detail. No-rotation mode sounds absolutely brutal to me. Of all of these, I like the idea of Cascade as an addition to Tetrizm the best. I'm feeling lazy as far as making the sprite and the additional logic to add that mode, but I'm also thinking it's fun enough to warrant putting into the game, especially after all the time you took to explain those modes to me so thoroughly. Smile
*bump* Implemented Cascade mode, need to test it. Still to do:

1) Fix the rotation stuff JosJuice was talking about
2) Do the scoring stuff for back-to-back bonuses. I'm thinking that if you eliminate N lines after eliminating M lines, the score for the N lines should be multiplied by M+1. Thoughts?
3) Fix the MENU/MODE typo in the "Select Mode" bitmap. I can't find the original for that, though >_<

Edit:
2 is now done. New to-do list:

1) Fix the rotation stuff JosJuice was talking about. Understand it better now
2) Fix the MENU/MODE typo in the "Select Mode" bitmap, and add that enter == pause. I can't find the original for that, though >_<
3) Create Pause mode
4) Make collapse display the collapsing as it goes.
*bump*

Tetrizm Beta 3! Prizm users! Please help me see if this is ready for final release! http://cemete.ch/dl659

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours