I have been working on this project for 3 days now and am almost done with it. It is Battleship! It uses the image theme from KSinkShips, GPLv2.

It features:
  • 2 players
  • Wonderful textures
  • AI
  • Configurations on the AI's intelligence (non-cheating)*
  • Uses about 20 RGB5658 textures.
  • Fast alpha-blending
  • Score keeping

* Currently not finished

The binary is 505320 bytes. I will post screenies, but just get KSinkShips as they look identical.

Accurate Alpha-blending FTW! Here are the icons:

<edit>

Here are the screenies!

Woo, sounds awesome! Very Happy more prizm games! How long until release?
I take issue with your icons; they're not going to look that good. Take a look at the topic link at the end of this post and see if it helps persuade you otherwise. Also, this is definitely close enough to an arcade game for entry into the contest, in my opinion.

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6211
I know about the icon background when highlighted and about the areas that are hidden. I will tweek them later on. I still don't know if a board game would work well there. I can always submit it just because Razz
AHelper wrote:
I know about the icon background when highlighted and about the areas that are hidden. I will tweek them later on. I still don't know if a board game would work well there. I can always submit it just because Razz
Well, my logic was that it's fairly fast-paced, not really much of a "puzzle" game per se; I could easily see going to an arcade, have two machines (or one machine with two screens), and playing your friend in Battleship.
I have to say that I do recall a Battleship arcade machine a long time ago Wink
AHelper wrote:
I have to say that I do recall a Battleship arcade machine a long time ago Wink
Surprisingly, Google Image Search isn't helping me here, but I'll take your word for it. Wink
No contest entry for me Smile Now I can focus on the AI more and then release!
AHelper wrote:
No contest entry for me Smile Now I can focus on the AI more and then release!
Awww, I'm sorry to have one fewer entry for the contest, but I wish you lots of luck in getting it done completely very soon for our enjoyment.
It will be done, hopefully, in less than an hour. I fixed my major bugs and it works!

<edit>

The game has been released, so go try it! I am collecting feedback and so far are a list of changes:
  • Fix AI bug - If there is a miss near a ship, then the AI hits the boat next to a miss. It tries to shoot your boat, but has a miss. Can't find the reason... Restart calculator if this happens.
  • Fix rotate non-correction bug (go to bottom, rotate ship off-screen, place) You manage to be a tard and do this to the AI, it will not hit your ships as I don't have it cheat Smile
  • Add in regular game modes
    • Classic - Take turns with one shot
    • Continuous - Shoot until you miss
    • Timed mode - Get the most hits

• Add in single-player modes
    • Puzzle modes
      • Precision - Entire board is filled with ships. Destroy each ship one at a time without hitting other ships
      • Packer - Place ships onto the board, avoiding splashes. Time limit is used, and placing ships over slashes will start blowing up the ship. Lose any ship, the game ends.

• Arcade modes
      • Cross - Shoot ships as they cross the screen. You have one ship on your side firing rounds off at the boats. You must move your boat, then aim/fire at other ships without getting sunk.

• Make ships have directions
  • Let you view your board during your turn
  • Add in sinking ship images

Basically, I have ships, drawing routines, etc., so why not make the most of it? If you have not tried it, please do! Just remember that the AI bug, when it happens, will lock up the calculator and must be restarted. 2 player has no such bugs, but I could have missed some.
the gameplay is very good Wink

good luck with your project Good Idea
Thanks! The initial version was simply a demo for graphics and such, not that much thought put into "What else can I do with this" until after I released it, which is what the above post is for Smile

Version 2 will have more to do in it, but I may release 1.1 to fix the current bugs.
I will add texture compression in it, so it should get smaller Wink
AHelper wrote:
I will add texture compression in it, so it should get smaller Wink
Huzzah! Hopefully the benefits of the compression won't be outweighed by the size of the library to perform the compression. This, by the way, is why we need a shell with shared libraries.
the alg. is tiny, so no loss. Shared libraries? Prove to me that they are needed when an addin is too big (an actual project), then put out many requests to casio (as they don't have the same reputation as TI) for it in a future OS version.
Version 1.1 is out!

If you have 1.0 still installed, remove it and put this version on as the AI bug and the ship rotate bugs were fixed. Without it, the AI can cause the calc to hang, requiring a restart.

No new features added, just fixing bugs. I also have screenies! See the OP for them.
tanks for update Smile

i found a possible bug, when i play in 1 player mod, My first shot is always made in the coordinates 1,1 (in the top left square)
Could you please modify the icon so that when it is selected, it shows the same round-squared, with gradient, background as Casio's addins and menu items? It's just that I like to have coherence between icons in my Casio menu Smile

I guess I could do that for you if you gave me the original image files, with layers if you made it in GIMP or Photoshop.

EDIT: other then that, the game is nice, except the fact that I experience the same bug as helder7.
The icon has been redone and the firing was fixed. I will work on it some more, including adding the ability of saving the gamestate when you switch to another add-in.

Anyone know about the quit handler?
Do we know that there's even a such thing as a quit handler? Or are you proposing that we come up with a mechanism for such a thing?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours