Hey I just got
KermMartian wrote:

this now what do I do?
I ran the set up process and I am confused about how to continue.
Now you need to plug in your TI-84+ and run the filter driver program. It will show your calculator, and you will install the filter driver for that port+calculator combination. If you move it to a different USB port, you'll have to run the filter driver program again.
I did that now what do you do
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
I did that now what do you do
Now you run the gcnclient from a command prompt. You'll need to give it arguments such as -l <local>, -n <hub>, -d d and -r, and if you want, -v. If you run gcnclient.exe -h, it will show you all the options.
and where would I the GCN client
and where would I the GCN client
Where would you banana the gCn client?
Sorry. Where would I find the GCN client?
Sorry. Where would I find the GCN client?
If you download Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2 from dcs.cemetech.net, it should be in the zip file.
Thanks Kerm I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks Kerm I'll let you know how it goes.
Please do; I'd be happy to answer any additional questions or share in your joy if you're successful.
I click on the gcnclient file in the folder and what looks like command prompt flashes and then disapears.
do I need to have chat/gossamer up on the calculator or not when I click the gcnclient file?
And do I need to be in doors or on the homescreen?
I click on the gcnclient file in the folder and what looks like command prompt flashes and then disapears.
do I need to have chat/gossamer up on the calculator or not when I click the gcnclient file?
And do I need to be in doors or on the homescreen?
Again, you need to open up a command prompt, and run the gcnclient from it. A neat shortcut is to go to the folder above the gcnclient, Shift-right-click the folder that the gcnclient.exe file is in, and choose "Open command prompt here".
I got command prompt up and running now (with gcnclient) what do I need to do
I got command prompt up and running now (with gcnclient) what do I need to do
KermMartian wrote:
Now you run the gcnclient from a command prompt. You'll need to give it arguments such as -l <local>, -n <hub>, -d d and -r, and if you want, -v. If you run gcnclient.exe -h, it will show you all the options.
This. As far as -n goes, IRCHub is for Chat, WebHub is for Gossamer, etc.

Code:
Syntax: gcnclient -n <hub_name> -l <local_name> -c <COMport> -s <server_hostname> -p <server_port> [-v] [-h]

(local_name, COMport, server_hostname, and server_port)
what do I put in (^)those spots?

EDIT

Code:
C:\Users\Kyle\Documents\MyTiData\Downloads>gcnclient -n IRCHub -l krazycalc -d d
 -v -r
Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Info: Attempting to find calculator.  Press CTRL-C to abort.
Direct USB connection created successfully.
Resolved hostname.
Socket #188
Wrote 20 bytes to socket (join msg)
Received message of length 27 from server.
Received 21 bytes

I did it!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! I'm very happy to hear that you got it working properly. Now you can help me explain the process to the next person that has problems. Very Happy
For some reason I now cannot connect to any of the hubs and I don't know why this what I get

Code:
C:\Users\Kyle\Documents\MyTiData\Downloads>gcnclient -n WebHub -l krazycalc -d d
 -v -r
Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Info: Attempting to find calculator.  Press CTRL-C to abort.
Direct USB connection created successfully.
Unable to bind TCP socket to virtual hub [Socket Bind Error]
Details: 10061

C:\Users\Kyle\Documents\MyTiData\Downloads>

I'm using a calc to usb port(the black one I got with the calc).
Don't worry, it's because the gCnHub server is under maintenance because of an IP switchover where it's hosted. I hope to have all the hubs back up and running by tonight.
ok I'll wait
Everybody seems to forget about gcnclient-gui (and the thread). Sad

Although I wouldn't want to try to use the GUI to ensure everything works, because its provisions for handling client errors are pretty poor.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours