I am creating a game called Story of My Life. The first game of the series is called SOML:Strange Kicker (SOML:SK). This was my cousins idea for a game and I said "Why not?". I still have stuff to add, though. I really need to find a way to put my files on my computer.

Questions?
adamac17 wrote:
Questions?

Yes: platform, language, type of game, storyline, screenshots, etc.?
If you can't get a cable, you could retype your programs into Tokens or SourceCoder, assuming you are making TI Basic programs.
@ Ashbad: TI-83 + -- TI-84 +, Basic, Choose your own adventure (look at Choice 1-6 for reference), more on that later.

@ souvik1997: I never thought about that. I'll have to take mornings and free time in second period to do so though.
Are you going to challenge yourself to make this game more graphical than some of your past projects, or are you sticking with the purely text-based format?
For this one, just text. Next one in the series, I'll try to make it more graphical.
This topic unfortunately does not interest me. You can't tell us ANYTHING about the game?
JoeYoung wrote:
This topic unfortunately does not interest me. You can't tell us ANYTHING about the game?

I don't think it matters if it interests you; me and others have already prompted him for information, and he gave all he can for now. Let's wait and see what the game is like once he finishes rewriting it on the computer.
JoeYoung wrote:
Then don't spam up my forum posting useless posts. Cemetech is about quality, not quantity.
KermMartian wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
Then don't spam up my forum posting useless posts. Cemetech is about quality, not quantity.

It was no more useless than the information we know so far. I'm trying to get an idea of what exactly this text game is about because the title is little more than an overused trope. Additionally, he asked for questions, and that was a question.
JoeYoung wrote:
It was no more useless than the information we know so far. I'm trying to get an idea of what exactly this text game is about because the title is little more than an overused trope. Additionally, he asked for questions, and that was a question.

I don't even know what's going to be in it and what isn't going to be in it. Like I said before, this was my cousins idea, so it's him adding stuff in it. I'm just putting it into a game. Of course it probably won't be a long game, for sure.

EDIT: I might make it longer than what it is now. Adding some more menus, choices, etc.
*BUMP*

Right now I'm stuck. How would i link a fight within a fight, like when one person loses, the other comes up (the person fighting, not the opponent.) Heres what i got so far (shortened of course)

Code:

If A<= 0 and B >= 0
Then
Disp "Words here"
Goto FetaA
If B<= 0 and A >= 0
Then
Disp "words here"
ENd
lbl FetaA
there's a end missing on the first if-condition.
*facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*

Thanks Sorunome. Now I just have to finish the second fight and that part of it will be set.
*bump*

Finished SOML:SK on friday. Worked on SOML:Strange World (SOML:SW) over the weekend. Will add more later on today.

EDIT: Working on the 3rd fight now, after that a fourth fight, then more choices...... Progress to be posted soon.......

EDIT 2: Working on more choices (finished fights yesterday), and whatever else I think of to put in it.
*BUMP*

.......... Finished SOML:SW on Friday. Starting work on SOML:Bring It On (SOML:BIO) today. Still wish I had the TI Connect CD

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours