I've thought about that, actually, and think at least having toroidal would be cool. Can you explain how klein bottle and moebius strip would work?
merthsoft wrote:
I've thought about that, actually, and think at least having toroidal would be cool. Can you explain how klein bottle and moebius strip would work?

Either the top/bottom or left/right edges would be "twisted" across their center-line.
merthsoft wrote:
Take a look at this online GoL demo that shows some cool geometries and examples of a bunch of nifty stamps.
Bug:

Bdisp_EnableColor(1) in GoL is missing, colors are not properly drawn. The color edit screen gets jumpy with fewer colors.

GetKey is a blocking function, resuming after pressing {MENU} keeps the program stopped.
AHelper wrote:
Bug:

Bdisp_EnableColor(1) in GoL is missing, colors are not properly drawn. The color edit screen gets jumpy with fewer colors.
Not a bug so much as that syscall wasn't known when I made this.

ibid. wrote:
GetKey is a blocking function, resuming after pressing {MENU} keeps the program stopped.
Same thing. This was (maybe still is? I dunno) the best way to handle quitting, since the other key routines don't handle the Menu key.
merthsoft wrote:
AHelper wrote:
Bug:

Not a bug so much as that syscall wasn't known when I made this.

ibid. wrote:
Same thing. This was (maybe still is? I dunno) the best way to handle quitting, since the other key routines don't handle the Menu key.

Heh, I know that the game was out from before knowing as much as now, but I just wanted to poke the info as a possible update.

Well, I have been doing some testing, and here is a way to handle the menu key:

Code:
if(GetKeyWait_OS(&kcol,&krow,2,0,0,&key))
{
  if(kcol == 4 && krow == 9)
  {
    // Returned from pressing menu
    Bdisp_EnableColor(1);
    // clear and redraw
  }
}

I have tested all of the parameters. When pressing menu, it blocks until you get control again. Anyone know how to make this function not block (tiny timeout)?
Yeah, I should probably go through the game and Minesweeper, and update them with the new information we have. As for the key routine, I've got no idea what the best way to handle that is.
I think just replacing getkey with the above function should work. I can try recompiling your source later on with that, but I was already doing some testing myself, and calling with mode == 2 handles the menu and blocks for < 1 second. Going back to using mode == 0 after the menu key works.
I think I do something like that in my games. Smile I'd recommend that method strongly, though.
KermM, I would warn that Tetrizm doesn't always clear the screen after returning from {MENU}, but this isn't the right topic Wink

At least someone else agrees on that code.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours