I don't know how to do the MIDI to mt3 converter. Please help. It said it converted, but I can't seem to download it.
You have to copy and paste the code it outputs into a text file, then assemble it with the Doors CS SDK.
I'm not sure what that means. What is SDK?
Software Development Kit.

The Doors SDK is one set up by KermMartian for ease of use in compiling assembly code into .8xp programs the calculator can understand. I do believe it's here in the archives, somewhere.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I don't know how to do the MIDI to mt3 converter. Please help. It said it converted, but I can't seem to download it.

You don't download it, the code that is generated must be passed into a .asm or .z80 file and compiled using Brass and binpac8x, both of which you can find in the DoorCS zip file.
You can download the SDK here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4768
To use the SDK to assemble mobileTunes3 files, first open up your favorite text editor (eg. Notepad++, Notepad, but not Word) and copy and paste the code the converter gives you into it. Next, unzip the Doors CS SDK zip file and save the file in your text editor under the source/ directory of the SDK with a .asm or .z80 extension. Open up the command prompt, browse to the directory the SDK is in using cd (if the SDK was in C:\DCS_SDK, type "cd C:\DCS_SDK" without the quotes and press enter) and type "compile.bat <name of file>" without the extension, and then press enter. The 8xp should be under exec/.
compile.bat isn't working.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
compile.bat isn't working.

Could you perhaps tell us how it is not working? I mean, we can't exactly read your computer screen to what is happening Razz

Just say what you did and what happened as a result.

Code:
'compile.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

That is what it says.
Ok, this is what you do, you open the command promt and move to the directory that compile.bat is in. Then run compile.bat from there
It says that Windows can't open binpac8x.py
Oh, I think that, in that case, you need to install python. I don't remember if you need version 2.7 or 3.0, although I think both are fine.

http://python.org/
Is it free?
Have you even clicked on that link? The front page clearly states this:
Quote:
Python is free to use, even for commercial products, because of its OSI-approved open source license.
compile.bat was put on command prompt. Now how do I change the song?
Spenceboy98 wrote:
compile.bat was put on command prompt. Now how do I change the song?

Imagine you copied-pasted that text from earlier into a file called "MERG.z80". You would do "compile.bat MERG" to choose that song.
It's not working. I type "compile.bat THERIDDLE.txt" and it doesn't work.
qazz42 wrote:

Could you perhaps tell us how it is not working? I mean, we can't exactly read your computer screen to what is happening Razz

Just say what you did and what happened as a result.
I look for it on my calculator after I transfer it and it says 0 bytes. It also says that it is Basic.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
It's not working. I type "compile.bat THERIDDLE.txt" and it doesn't work.
(1) The source code should be entitled something like "riddle.asm", having eight or fewer letters before the period and ending in .asm (or .z80). Then, type "compile.bat riddle" (NO .ASM there!), and you will get a program larger than 0 bytes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours