seana11 wrote:
I'm not going to make any resolutions this year, mainly because I kept mine last year, and I don't want to break my streak. Nice fireworks, benryves.
Would you care to share what the resolution(s) was/were that you kept last year? I too am not really making any specific resolutions other than getting my health up to speed and juggling all my deadlines less stressedly.
KermMartian wrote:
seana11 wrote:
I'm not going to make any resolutions this year, mainly because I kept mine last year, and I don't want to break my streak. Nice fireworks, benryves.
Would you care to share what the resolution(s) was/were that you kept last year? I too am not really making any specific resolutions other than getting my health up to speed and juggling all my deadlines less stressedly.

Well, I heard that cracking your knuckles repeatedly over long periods of time (e.g. years) could result in arthritis. Since I was cracking my knuckles about 4-5 times every day, and had been for several years, I resolved to stop. And I kept it.
seana11 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
seana11 wrote:

Well, I heard that cracking your knuckles repeatedly over long periods of time (e.g. years) could result in arthritis. Since I was cracking my knuckles about 4-5 times every day, and had been for several years, I resolved to stop. And I kept it.

A fact, which, I hope you know is extremely false Razz

Cracking your knuckles is releasing built up gasses in your joints, making a sound. It is in no way harmful to your overall health
qazz42 wrote:
A fact, which, I hope you know is extremely false :P

Cracking your knuckles is releasing built up gasses in your joints, making a sound. It is in no way harmful to your overall health

I know. But over repeated over many years...
seana11 wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
A fact, which, I hope you know is extremely false Razz

What do you mean by that? huh?
qazz42 wrote:
seana11 wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
A fact, which, I hope you know is extremely false :P

What do you mean by that? huh?

"Repeated, long-term use may cause damage"
That is still false, even if long term. It is just a silly rumor people spread, like, oh I don't know, reading in the dark makes you blind.
It's still a habit worth giving up for the sake of those around you. Razz
qazz42 wrote:
That is still false, even if long term. It is just a silly rumor people spread, like, oh I don't know, reading in the dark makes you blind.
Reading in the dark forces your eyes to strain to resolve the text in front of you and damages your long-term ocular health.
benryves wrote:
But it feels soooooo gooooood.
merthsoft wrote:
benryves wrote:

I'm too lazy to make my own post so instead I quote other people and then don't say anything new

I'm thinking of stopping that anyways, even if it isn't bad for your health -- the noise is rather undelightful.
[quote="Ashbad"]
merthsoft wrote:
benryves wrote:
It's still a habit worth giving up for the sake of those around you. :-P

I'm too lazy to make my own post so instead I quote other people and then don't say anything new

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours