If applicable, have you easily circumvented the measures taken by a sysadmin other than yourself?
Yes.
 57%  [ 16 ]
No, this sysadmin was actually intelligent.
 17%  [ 5 ]
No, but I could have if I wanted to.
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

By the way, if anyone needs a good system tools manager there is WSCC http://www.kls-soft.com/wscc/ It downloads the sysinternals and nirsoft suites. Pretty handy when it comes to stuff like this.
qazz42 wrote:
Wow Parker... they really suspended you just for sharing a password? Proobably was not worth it, imo >.>

Well it was more of the fact that I obtained it in the first place with that WirelessKeyView.
I'm surprised you were able to do that. Did a teacher retain his or her session while away from the computer? It does require administrative privileges...
technomonkey76 wrote:
I'm surprised you were able to do that. Did a teacher retain his or her session while away from the computer? It does require administrative privileges...

Nope. Just ran it on one of the library computers. Didn't have to do anything special.
Heh, my school has wifi networks everywhere, and when they aren't broken, the password is 6661723535 (which everyone in the school knows, and all the teachers know that everyone knows Razz)
_player1537 wrote:
Heh, my school has wifi networks everywhere, and when they aren't broken, the password is 6661723535 (which everyone in the school knows, and all the teachers know that everyone knows Razz)

Heh, lucky for you...

Also, for some reason I can shut down all computers within the specific network using command.com.... I tried it in Cad, managed to shut down my friend's computer. I dare not try it again, however, don't want to get into trouble
The biggest stupid thing I've seen, is the ability to boot from a LiveCD, because the boot order isn't locked. There's also the issue of them blocking CMD.exe, command.com, and most of the shell stuff, but I don't mind, mainly because I just hate windows 7. (It confuses me, especially how they did windows explorer, yuck) They didin't really need to upgrade, either, because XP was working fine. I think there was just someone up in the bureaucracy that wanted to upgrade for some misguided reason (most likely bribing from microsoft)
Seana11, if you dislike Windows 7's explorer, take a look at Window's 8 (It has ribbons!).
Lucas W wrote:
Seana11, if you dislike Windows 7's explorer, take a look at Window's 8 (It has ribbons!).

Three words: That is Hell.
Yes

1) can boot from external media (usb)
2) everyone is admin
3)???
4) profit
They blocked access to external drives completely on my school's computers (I used to be able to get around this by loading word documents off them, but they patched that when they installed win7). What's stupid about this is that the DVD-ROM drives still work, and I could upload a virus from a DVD just as easily as I would from a flash drive, so all this restriction does is prevent me from printing my homework. I can make and run batch files(I have to save a new txt file from word, then rename it, right click is disabled) but most of the commands are blocked. I can however create infinite loops and spam windows with VBS scripts which is fun. Back in CAD class they actually allowed students access to each other's part folders, so I could leave that little gift in someone else's folder, and they'd unwittingly run it to see what it was.
Oh, yeah, I totally forgot 2 things

1. I can make and use Macros

2. To access the "locked off" C drive, I just need to make a shortcut or use a third party windows manager.

3. To change the desktop background, which is normally blocked off, I just have to insert a picture into word, and from the window where I select an image I just need to right click on said image and say "set as background". For some reason the set as background option is not blocked off when inserting a picture into Word >.>

4. I seem to be able to run third party task managers

5. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I can easily shut down the entire network or specific computers using a batch script.
Stupid measures like these do often block the average ruffian that is following a youtube video, but it serves the purpose of a challenge to the technical kids. But seriously, blocking the right click menu? That's purposeful inhibition of standard computer usage!
Kaslai wrote:
Stupid measures like these do often block the average ruffian that is following a youtube video, but it serves the purpose of a challenge to the technical kids. But seriously, blocking the right click menu? That's purposeful inhibition of standard computer usage!

*insert Mac joke right here* Wink
qazz42 wrote:
Kaslai wrote:

You're my new hero.
DShiznit wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Kaslai wrote:

*insert Mac joke right here* :wink:

You're my new hero.

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
Heh, looks like SSH and FTP both work on the school computers.... this should be fun...
qazz42 wrote:
_player1537 wrote:

Heh, lucky for you...

Also, for some reason I can shut down all computers within the specific network using command.com.... I tried it in Cad, managed to shut down my friend's computer. I dare not try it again, however, don't want to get into trouble
When I was in high school I shutdown most computers on the schools network several times. Best part is I never got caught.
qazz42 wrote:
Heh, looks like SSH and FTP both work on the school computers.... this should be fun...

Lucky... I wish I could ssh in...
seana11 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Kaslai wrote:

You're my new hero.

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

But Macs have a contextual menu/Right click.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours