I need to build my own calculaor. Please suggest me any links.
Any help would be appretiated.
I notice that this is your first post, and as any other Cemetechian would say, please introduce yourself.

When you say that you want to build your own calculator, what do you mean, exactly? Do you want to build a physical device? Do you want to write a program for or about a calculator? You are being a bit too vague.
Building a calculator will be much easier than making the software that will run on said device.
My apologies Kaslai .I am new at cemetech.
Presently I am working on an Electronical Developmental Project. My first project.
All the Cemetechians may call me Abhishek.
I have heard a lot from my colleagues regarding the forums of Cemetech.

Anyways I have a detailed project. Let me elaborate.

The motive of the project is to build an independant calculator (or use already made calculator) which when operated by the user sends the details of
all the keys pressed in sequence to the owner's cell phone via sms. The design so made should be compact in size.

Some conceptual solutions as told to me by the seniors are as:

use a gsm module
use a micro controller
attach the gsm module to the microcontroller
attach the calculators to the circuit
program the gsm module in such a way so that it sends an sms for each and every key pressed on the calculator.

Cemetechians, I am beginner in this industry of electronics and need your help to complete the project
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
allynfolksjr

Thanx for the prompt reply .
At the same time my apologies for not mentioning complete details.

Please Cemetechians guide me through.
While your intentions are good, try not to double post please. We have quote buttons and markup tags so you can address different points or posts in your post.

I'm sorry I can't offer more help, along the topic of the post.

I've also edited your topic title for clarity when browsing the new posts Smile
As comicIDIOT says, please avoid double-posting. Smile And welcome to Cemetech, Abhishek. Let me clarify a bit what you're trying to do so that we can help you as well as possible. Do you want to create something that's basically a numeric entry pad that will accumulate a string of numbers and symbols, and then send them to the cell phone in an SMS text message? Or do you want the calculator to perform the calculations and then send the result to the phone? Can you explain why you want the SMS link at all? Also, I'm curious where you work that your colleagues recommended Cemetech.
psh, building a calculator is so easy, you need wooden frames, some beads with holes in them, and metal bars. The product should look like

Err.. on topic, I guess the place to start would be finding the parts that you want. If you need a calculator that sends stuff to phones, I would guess that means you would have to take and use the parts of various calculators and old phones. That would be the start.

Of course, if you are looking for a less manual calculator, I would have to say
Well, there are off-the-shelf GSM modules and microcontrollers that you could use without ripping apart old phones, assuming you have a SIM card, but I'm still not entirely sure what the OP is looking to do.
qazz42 wrote:
psh, building a calculator is so easy, you need wooden frames, some beads with holes in them, and metal bars. The product should look like

Err.. on topic, I guess the place to start would be finding the parts that you want. If you need a calculator that sends stuff to phones, I would guess that means you would have to take and use the parts of various calculators and old phones. That would be the start.

Of course, if you are looking for a less manual calculator, I would have to say

haha, Qazz42 gets a ++! very funny
Anyway, to keep this on-topic, I'm still waiting for clarification from Abhi on what he'd like to make.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours