Thanks to all of you who have shown such enthusiasm for Cemetech Contest 8: Arcade Games. We already have fourteen confirmed entries, including games for all three platforms (TI-83+s, Casio Prizms, and computers) and in many languages (C, C++, Axe, Grammer, TI-BASIC, XNA, and Casio BASIC). As requested for this contest, all of the current entrants have posted topics describing their projects and offering progress and screenshots. Please click through to projects that interest you and help motivate the authors with encouraging feedback!

:: Buttsfredkins: [TI-83+/Axe] Futility
:: yeongJIN_COOL: [TI-83+/Axe] Action Man
:: Zeldaking: [TI-83+/BASIC] Missile Command
:: HOMER-16: [Comp/C++] Zombie Killing Spree
:: Leafiness0: [TI-83+/Axe] My First Quantum Translocator
:: Purobaz: [Prizm/BASIC] Free Wheel
:: Kaslai: [Comp/C++] Tubby's Dungeon Escape
:: Souvik1997: [Comp/C#] Galagaman
:: Ashbad: [Prizm/C] Raptor
:: CalebHansberry: [TI-83+/BASIC] Andropod
:: Nick: [TI-Nspire/Lua] Bomberman
:: _player1537: [Prizm/C] Unnamed Space Shooter
:: Qazz42: [TI-83+/Hybrid BASIC] Castle Run
:: Sorunome: [TI-83+/Grammer] Mino v2.0

It is far from too late to enter, so if you're debating about entering, allow me to push you in the direction of discussing your planned project with us. Those who share their project progress with us on the weekly Have Calc, Will Program (HCWP) conference will also be smiled favorably on, although no extra points will be given, since not everyone's schedule permits them to attend. Remember, the deadline is January 22nd, 2012, so pace yourselves accordingly, and keep up the great work.

Edit by Merth: Fixed project platforms/languages.
Yay, there are a lot of participants in this year's contest. Very Happy I hope I can finish Galagaman before the deadline; there's still a lot to be added. Good luck to everyone! Smile

Edit by Merth: Reported issue was fixed, so removed the report.
Eh, is my bomberman accepted as entry? because there was some doubt about the nspire..? just to let you know, i'm still continuing it Smile
Souvik, Merth, thanks for the corrections. I also flubbed the ending date; finals and other life factors are scrambling my brain. Souvik, I hope you can finish it too, and don't forget that fully-functional "demos" with a few missing features are perfectly acceptable. Nick, I think we'll try accepting it and see what we can do. Smile
Nice to see lots of participants. I hope all of those projects get finished in time. Smile

Will they all be available for download once the contest is finished? Last year I remember one of the entry (Yumé 1 and 2) didn't make it to the archives until February or something.
DJ_O wrote:
Nice to see lots of participants. I hope all of those projects get finished in time. Smile

Will they all be available for download once the contest is finished? Last year I remember one of the entry (Yumé 1 and 2) didn't make it to the archives until February or something.
That was the decision of the author rather than the judging staff or administration; far be it from us to disregard the wishes of an author who wanted to withhold his program from public release for a certain period of time. For this year's submissions, we will be inviting each author to upload his entry to the archives, so that we can download them, but will not approve them until the end of the judging process.
Ah ok. I always found it kinda sucks if an author decides to not allow a public release of his stuff after the end of a contest judging and then he either forgets to release it by himself or decide to never release it, because that's often a great program that the community won't get to play. :/
Agreed, it's a shame indeed, but there it is. I'm hoping that with finals ending soon for most of us, at least in the US, we'll get a few more interested entrants.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours