this topic is for minecraft levels and their downloads

how do you upload in a post?
You can't upload in a post, use something like Dropbox to host your files.
can Kerm Maritian make a new section in the Archives for minecraft lvls?
annoyingorange wrote:

don't you realize how much memory that could take? plus, it's pointless. host it yourself and link to it.
how metagross111? by using one of my websites but it is tohard uploading stuff but I will try
Minecraft saves are fairly big files.
annoyingorange wrote:
how metagross111? by using one of my websites but it is tohard uploading stuff but I will try
You can always create your own file-upload service. As in, you have an upload box and a password box. One cannot upload a file without the password, and upon uploading it will give you the link to copy.

But, I can't say that exists since I just use an FTP program to do the same thing, basically.
Well a while later I do. Here is my survival world http://www.mediafire.com/?qbgftq5nh9p8o5u
JoeYoung wrote:
annoyingorange wrote:

don't you realize how much memory that could take? plus, it's pointless. host it yourself and link to it.
I'm surprised that no one pointed out that Minecraft levels are generated by a seed, so all you need to do is to share the seed, which is a small string, and others can re-create the same world, assuming they have a version of Minecraft with the same terrain-generation algorithm. If you want to share structures or machines, we use something called Schematics, which WorldEdit can save and load.
KermMartian wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
annoyingorange wrote:

I'm surprised that no one pointed out that Minecraft levels are generated by a seed, so all you need to do is to share the seed, which is a small string, and others can re-create the same world, assuming they have a version of Minecraft with the same terrain-generation algorithm. If you want to share structures or machines, we use something called Schematics, which WorldEdit can save and load.

sharing seeds is easy, sure.

but upon updates to the terrain generator, they can soon become defunct. additionally, you obviously can't share a modified world with a seed.

that is why no one bothered to mention them. no one cares about seeds all that much.
I find that http://www.minecraftseeds.info is a great place for getting seeds; But sharing completed worlds is a bit more cumbersome. There is WorldEdit but it's not exactly easy to understand.

I find that hosting my worlds on a Server is far easier. I'll work offline than switch the worlds on the Server to share them. There are scripts to download Server worlds I believe.
An excellent point, comicIDIOT. Depending on how many chunks you populate, worlds can be tens, hundreds, or even thousands of MB. I believe Evocatus' main world is around 300MB in region files at the moment, and it's 4000x4000. Sidebar, I am Kerm Martian, not Maritian.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours