Hello.
Does somebody know, if I could expect CAS in Casio Prizm (fx-CG10) ?
Also Fourier transformation will be just fine....
Welcome to Cemetech, MyShow! You should Introduce Yourself if you get a chance. The Prizm does not yet do symbolic calculations as you might expect from a CAS, but there are several project ideas floating around the community to implement one using the GNU gCAS project.
That would be great! Because I study Robotics on college and I lack these functions. I am also interested in Physics, so CAS and these functions comes handy...
Kerm, GNU's gCAS or AHelper's GlassOS CAS? Very Happy That said, it would definitely be doable to get one of those CASes on there, we'd just have to create a way to input equations.
_player1537 wrote:
Kerm, GNU's gCAS or AHelper's GlassOS CAS? Very Happy That said, it would definitely be doable to get one of those CASes on there, we'd just have to create a way to input equations.
The GNU gCAS. Smile It's what I'm planning to use for Graph3D for the Prizm if I ever get around to it.

MyShow: certainly understandable. What can you not do in the RunMatrix add-in that you need to do though?
I'm also very interested by a CAS for Prizm.

A few years ago, PierrotLL developed a CAS for CASIO FX-9860.
http://cas.jeuxcasio.com/en/
Something I wonder is if the calculator is approved for tests, if someone wrote a CAS for it and the calc has no PTT feature restricting its usage, could such CAS lead to the PRIZM being banned from tests?
The fx-9860 is allowed on tests and exams here in Portugal despite the existence of a full functioning CAS addon. I don't know if teachers check for these addons on the students' machines on more formal exams, but in "normal" written tests they do not. I think most people don't realize there's more to addons than games (including that nice Physium app by Casio that has been useful on the chemistry test, for confirming the electronic distributions) Smile
Ah ok that's good then. In any case, however, what would fix such issues is forcing students to write down solution to exam problems along with the question answers. That usually renders calc programs and cheating tools useless (or close).
Purobaz wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if that could be rebuilt into a Prizm version with just graphical tweakings, this may be the best base to start with Smile
DJ_O wrote:
Ah ok that's good then. In any case, however, what would fix such issues is forcing students to write down solution to exam problems along with the question answers. That usually renders calc programs and cheating tools useless (or close).

Of course they do force, except on multiple choice and true/false questions. And even when you must write the solution to the problems, you can always use the calculator for confirming answers (that's what it was intended to do from the start, anyway).

A CAS addon would allow for confirming your complex equations are correct, or to answer more quickly a multiple choice question, nothing more. CAS isn't synonym of "writes down all resolution steps so you can copy to the answer sheet" Wink
If someone gets giac to run on the prizm, I would buy them by the dozens just to run that CAS. (xcas uses it)

gCAS2 is able to step through problems. When proper distributing functions are done, it will show you how to expand (1+x)^100... by doing FOIL... then expanding and combining.... while noming ram. The gCAS2 library in my svn should compile (run, but missing functionality) for the prizm, and I would be interested if someone does.
Hello Smile any news with CAS on Prizm? Smile
myshow wrote:
Hello.
Also Fourier transformation will be just fine....

I wrote a quick DFT program in BASIC one day when I was bored in class... Is that what you meant?
Actually, this reminds me once more that I need to poke AHelper so that I can get my 3D grapher add-in completed.
Just saw this and I would like CAS on prizm too. In fact, I posted about this very same thing on omnimaga. Very Happy
KermM, I will upload a tarball of my gcas2 project here so you can use it. Includes the latest library code and needed functions including ftoa.

Anyone using it, remember that this cas was designed to run in under 14 kb of ram and it succeeds in doing so on a ti84p(se) at a nice speed.
Hey guys , I would like the developers here for their contribution Smile for casio prizm development. I have one question ,how long will it take to port cas to prizm ? any estimates?. also for KermMartian, when ur 3d graphing add-in will be available? i am very excited to these release because i needed for chemistry major . Hybridization and quantum mechanics problems is killing us , so hard Mad
Yes, that 3D grapher would be nice to have soon Wink
I agree it would be great for math.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours