» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hmm, isn't there a glitch that can make buttons catch in Minecraft? Wink that would work well with the fish farm
souvik1997 wrote:
It seems like Mojang released Minecraft Pocket Edition for iOS today. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be pretty good based on the screenshots and reviews.
Well, on the plus side, the building capability is there, but on the minus side, the PvE/PvP/mining is missing, which the top two reviews I saw on that page complained about. Not to mention it's $7, which seems quite steep to me. Maybe make it cheaper for people who already bought MC, unless there's no way to do that? Just my USD0.02.
one problem I have with the pocket edition is that I can't even get it on my Archos Sad

I would assume that when it came out for all devices, he meant ALL devices, GUESS NOT!
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
It seems like Mojang released Minecraft Pocket Edition for iOS today. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be pretty good based on the screenshots and reviews.
Not to mention it's $7, which seems quite steep to me. Maybe make it cheaper for people who already bought MC, unless there's no way to do that? Just my USD0.02.

I agree with the price. I think it supports local online, so those who host local servers (yay me) can work on their server. I think it should be free (like the PC version) but you have to log-in to play. Though, thinking it through would prove invalid since you would need a connection to play.

I'm bummed that Bukkit has not updated to the non-beta release Sad
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/first-minecraft-1-0-0-bukkit-build-released-keep-discussion-here.46194/
Notch is no longer the lead developer of Minecraft.
souvik1997 wrote:
To be honest, I can't say that I'm super-sad about that; although he had a great vision with Minecraft, I am less than impressed with his programming skills.
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
To be honest, I can't say that I'm super-sad about that; although he had a great vision with Minecraft, I am less than impressed with his programming skills.

pretty much what Kerm said. I hope the new head will start adding features people actually care about, and perhaps add an option to make 1.7 worlds...
Well, Jeb has been working on Minecraft for quite a while, as far as I can tell. He seems to be the most competent Minecraft coder on the team, and hopefully he'll do a good job of maintaining Minecraft while Notch moves on to other things (Scrolls?). Actually, I wonder if there will be a Minecraft 2.0, or what they'll do as far as continuing development.

In other news, Bukkit 1.0 needs to hurry up so that Evocat.us can be busy again!
nah, I think they are happy with their silly numeric system. when the time comes it shall be "minecraft 1.0.0.0"
qazz42 wrote:
nah, I think they are happy with their silly numeric system. when the time comes it shall be "minecraft 1.0.0.0"
Hehe, it's even more illogical than the Doors CS system, where DCS 7.0 Beta 1 < Doors CS 7.0. Wink
Bukkit is already at 1.0, add ins aren't likely updated Sad
comicIDIOT wrote:
Wait, a stable 1.0? Link?
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Wait, a stable 1.0? Link?

well, not a stable one, I am afraid to say, but there is a 1.0 build that works for all intents and purposes.

http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/1550/

I would give it a thumbs up as I have had no problems with it. Also, be warned, notch is dumb and 1.0.0 servers will deny a connection about 75% of the time, with a silly "invalid server key" error. So I would hold off on updating evocat until it is fixed. (although, I wouldn't expect it to be updated anyways because while bukkit 1.0.0, not all plugins are...)
Thank you for that constructive and helpful post, Qazz. Smile I've shared the information you shared with the other Evocat.us staff, and for now we're going to continue waiting on Heroes/Falsebook/WorldGuard/etc.
qazz42 wrote:
Also, be warned, notch is dumb and 1.0.0 servers will deny a connection about 75% of the time, with a silly "invalid server key" error. So I would hold off on updating evocat until it is fixed.
I thought they released a 1.0.1 server that fixed that glitch? There is no 1.0.1 client, but RC2, 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 are fully compatible with each other.
JosJuice wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Also, be warned, notch is dumb and 1.0.0 servers will deny a connection about 75% of the time, with a silly "invalid server key" error. So I would hold off on updating evocat until it is fixed.
I thought they released a 1.0.1 server that fixed that glitch? There is no 1.0.1 client, but RC2, 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 are fully compatible with each other.

oh, they did? Well, it doesn't matter, as that is vanilla, and no one cool has a vanilla server (Just Joking Razz)

anywho, I think what I gave you might be 1.0.1, I'll check later on my server.

EDIT: Yep, that is 1.0.1, so I guess that if JosJuice is correct that 1.0.1 fixes the invalid server key thing, then that build I gave you is your best chance for a 1.0.1 evocat (sucks about the plugins, though)
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
Well, on the plus side, the building capability is there, but on the minus side, the PvE/PvP/mining is missing, which the top two reviews I saw on that page complained about. Not to mention it's $7, which seems quite steep to me. Maybe make it cheaper for people who already bought MC, unless there's no way to do that? Just my USD0.02.

Well, with the new Eden 1.6 update yesterday, flowing liquids were added, a la minecraft. Eden is getting very close to the quality of Minecraft Pocket Edition now, and they promise the next update. And it's only $.99 Smile compared to the ripoff price of $6.99...
well, on the topic of Pocket Edition, it seems that it was updated to support even more android devices.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mojang.minecraftpe

sadly, it STILL is incompatible with my Archos 32...
So was searching the android marketplace, and the pocket edition is now $.10. Not sure how long it will last, but if you liked the demo I would get it soon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 31 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours